Unable to sign in after password reset

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
pricegarydean1

Re: Unable to sign in after password reset

Post by pricegarydean1 »

Account now asking for a a two step verification. I never set up two step verifications for this very reason. They never work. I never set up two step verification on my church account. The Authenticator app for Android is a joke. Does anyone ever read the reviews? It doesn't work and never has worked.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
Thatchers wrote:recently went back to original user name and password and was able to get everything working again. Try that. God bless
The fact it worked when you went back to the original password makes me think that Gospel Library was never updated with the new login and was causing problems. Please read the very first post in this thread for details.
With Gospel Library 5.7.0 (Android and iOS), Gospel Library is now using token-based OAuth for authentication, which means that the need to sign out and back in again when you change your Church Account password is going away. A user who has an incorrect password stored in Gospel Library when they upgrade to 5.7.0 might still have problems, but users who are signed in correctly on 5.7.0 are good to go for the next time they change their password.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
williamnreed

Post by williamnreed »

I received a message to change my password but it will not accept my new password, it says "invalid" to any password that I submit. What should I do
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

williamnreed wrote:I received a message to change my password but it will not accept my new password, it says "invalid" to any password that I submit. What should I do
It's possible your new password doesn't meet guidelines. I'm not seeing what the guidelines are. What guidelines are you following?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

I am unable to login to my parents church account. I set it up with their membership # several months ago so that I could pay their tithing to their local ward. For several months it has worked fine. I live in another state and my parents live in a memory care. I am having the same experience others on this forum string are experiencing. I follow the link provided in the email to change the PW, and then try to login after and I it says Invalid PW. Yes, I waited for over 30 minutes before trying. Yes I cleared the cashe from my browser, and yes I am ensuring that I am typing EXACTLY the same PW I just changed it too. I have been fighting this for 2 days. Please help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

barwillhansen wrote:I have been fighting this for 2 days. Please help.
This may be a different problem from the thread. In the past few days the church has changed their login system. There's some discussion in this thread and this thread. Personally, I'm not convinced that simply clearing the cache will clear the cookies. I had to clear the cookies myself it get back in. The method I used can can be found in the second link.

Also, be aware that when you change the password, you have to update any Gospel Library apps. (Perhaps Gospel Living as well?) Otherwise, they will continue to try and access the account with the old password and lock the account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

Since my parents are elderly and with dementia there is not a Gospel Library App associated with their membership #.
barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

Dear russellhtnl, I have tried everything I can think to get into the account. I have read this thread (all 8 pages) closely and done anything that may pertain to my situation, and I am still unable to gain access to my parents account. Also, since they live in a different state, and I cannot get access to their ward list, I am unable to find their ward clerk. I am desperately seeking assistance.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

barwillhansen wrote:I am unable to find their ward clerk.
If you enter your parent's address in the meetinghouse locator (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/map ... 2&lang=eng), you can get the bishop's name and phone number. He can get you contact information for the clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Your own clerk can get you the contact information. However, GSD is going to have to talk to your parents to authenticate the request. Last I heard, they don't work with "helpers".

Return to “Church Account”