Unable to sign in after password reset

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to sign in after password reset

Post by rmrichesjr »

bmaxmason wrote:So after two weeks of sending in help desk tickets nearly every other day, my wife's account is still lock out. ... Can someone contact me, ...
Please be aware that this is a user-to-user mutual-support forum. This is not an official help request channel. It's very unlikely anyone who can provide direct help will see these posts.

Where have you been filing help desk tickets? It sounds like something's not going right with the tickets.

At the top of this forum (the "Church Account" forum) is a "PLEASE READ FIRST" thread with pointers to the official help request channel: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383

Another option is to contact your ward clerk and have him arrange contact with the Global Service Center. They should be able to solve anything that can be solved.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bmaxmason wrote:I am afraid she is no longer worthy to access her LDS account information. Why else would no one contact her regarding why she continues to get the User name or Password not recognized error message?
Deactivating an account would be an extreme step. I highly doubt the church would do that without any kind of warning. And it wouldn't be a "worthiness" issues, but only in cases of where the individual abused the system.

Follow the links given above.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tavat

Post by tavat »

Yay - thank you for posting this solution. It worked.
ghshaw

Post by ghshaw »

This is my problem exactly. It’s been going on for over a week? Am I locked out? If so, do I use the password I just changed to? How many attempts do I get before being locked out? Can someone call me?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

ghshaw wrote:This is my problem exactly. It’s been going on for over a week? Am I locked out? If so, do I use the password I just changed to? How many attempts do I get before being locked out? Can someone call me?
Regarding the last question/request, please be aware that this is a user-to-user mutual-support discussion forum. This is not an official help request channel. If you want to make an official help request, you'll need to do so by either 1) using the 'Feedback' button or link or 2) contacting your ward clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ghshaw wrote:If so, do I use the password I just changed to?
Yes.
ghshaw wrote:How many attempts do I get before being locked out?
I don't know, but according to the message I received, it clears after a half hour - assuming none of your apps keep trying to login with the old password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
arteeples

Post by arteeples »

I followed the solution listed in the paragraph that starts with "The solution is to open the Gospel Library app," The GL app was open on my Amazon Fire/Kindle device.
luenca

Post by luenca »

Unable to sign in after after password reset
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

luenca wrote:Unable to sign in after after password reset
The first post in this topic has the answer to what is apparently the most frequent issue in this type of case: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=31904#p184994

To paraphrase, the old password is stored in the Gospel Library app. Gospel Library tries to sign in with the old password. After some number of such failed attempts, the account is locked out. The solution is to update the stored password in Gospel Library, and wait a half hour or more for the lock-out to expire.
laurie1984

Post by laurie1984 »

I cannot sign into my account.
[removed]
[removed]
Member #[removed]
I have tried to delete account [removed] but I do not know how.
I am elderly and not computer savvy help me please.
Email [removed]

[Moderator edit: Removed some personal information.]

Return to “Church Account”