Unable to sign in after password reset

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to sign in after password reset

Post by rmrichesjr »

laurie1984 wrote:I cannot sign into my account.
Your ward/branch clerk is the local person who is best situated to help with this. Depending on the details of your situation with the two accounts, the best option may be to merge the accounts. The Global Service Center can do that, and your ward clerk can arrange contact with them to do whatever he cannot take care of locally.

If you ward clerk needs help taking care of it, please refer him to the "PLEASE READ FIRST" announcement post at the top of the Church Account forum: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383

Regarding posting personal information, please keep in mind that this forum is publicly visible. Posting personal information here can create risks if someone with non-helpful intent were to misuse the information.
mjensen1313

Post by mjensen1313 »

My son has been trying to log into his account for a few days, he had to reset his password but since it always says it is not verified despite phone and email confirmations.. He is needing to get his mission paperwork completed.. HELP please.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

mjensen1313 wrote:My son has been trying to log into his account for a few days, he had to reset his password but since it always says it is not verified despite phone and email confirmations.. He is needing to get his mission paperwork completed.. HELP please.
Because this is a user-to-user discussion forum, someone _might_ visit this topic who could help. However, there is no guarantee. Please contact your ward clerk, who can arrange to contact the Global Service Center if necessary. Or, please use the 'Feedback' button/link to summon official help.

Another thing that _might_ help was mentioned in another topic. Some apps store the user's Church Account credentials (including the password) and try to sign in automatically. If the user changes a password but does not update the password stored inside the app, the app will generate failed login attempts, which will lock the account.
Dokosibalis

Re: Unable to sign

Post by Dokosibalis »

My recent convert has forgotten his lds account username and password. How can he retrieve it? Is it possible to create a new one with the same lds record number?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to sign

Post by jdlessley »

Dokosibalis wrote:My recent convert has forgotten his lds account username and password. How can he retrieve it? Is it possible to create a new one with the same lds record number?
Only one account can have the membership record number (MRN) registered with it. When a username or password is forgotten then go to Church Account and click the Forgot your username? link just below the Username text entry box. Then select either the Mobile Phone or Email method of recovery. Once the user name has been recovered then proceed on to recover the password.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
joesivert

Post by joesivert »

I know someone who forgot their username and password but remembers the email for the account. In the account recovery option, you enter either a number or an email. We entered the email and clicked “next” then nothing happened. We checked the email and the spam for that email and still nothing. I tried this same thing on my personal account, even though I know my username and password. I never received an email or a text telling me my username or password.
Thatchers

Post by Thatchers »

I had similar problems with gospel library and gospel tools... kept changing the password and user name... recently went back to original user name and password and was able to get everything working again. Try that. God bless
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Thatchers wrote:I had similar problems with gospel library and gospel tools... kept changing the password and user name... recently went back to original user name and password and was able to get everything working again. Try that. God bless
Elsewhere, perhaps in this thread, it was mentioned that one of the Church's mobile apps stores the password internally for use when it authenticates periodically in the background. If you change your password and don't update the app's stored version, the app keeps trying to log in with the old password, which results in an account lockout. I don't know exactly which app(s), but when you change a password, you need to update the app as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rmrichesjr wrote:... one of the Church's mobile apps stores the password internally for use when it authenticates periodically in the background. If you change your password and don't update the app's stored version, the app keeps trying to log in with the old password, which results in an account lockout.
Gospel Library is the app that needs to be signed out of and back into again when a password is changed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Thatchers wrote:recently went back to original user name and password and was able to get everything working again. Try that. God bless
The fact it worked when you went back to the original password makes me think that Gospel Library was never updated with the new login and was causing problems. Please read the very first post in this thread for details.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”