Can't login to LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
sykoskyc

Re: Can't login to LDS Tools

Post by sykoskyc »

I have been having the same problem for quite some time, over a month. I can log into my lds account on the computer or my phone, but I can't access lds tools. It says preparing to sync, asks for my login then cycles through and back to login.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sykoskyc wrote:It says preparing to sync, asks for my login then cycles through and back to login.
it may not be a login failure, but a sync failure. You can test that by giving it wrong login information and see if it acts differently. (I'd suggest making an error to your user name so as not to lock yourself out due to too many bad password attempts.)

At this point, I don't think any versions of LDS Tools prior to 3.5 syncs anymore.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stouteee

Post by stouteee »

I am having the same problem but I think it started after I enabled Two Factor Authentication. Every time I login to LDS website I have to verify the login (which I expect) but now I can know longer login to the LDS Tools App (this happened once I was forced to sync)
sandykj

Post by sandykj »

This worked on a LG cell 3 years old in which gave the error of wrong username/password for LDS Tools and FamilySearch Tree

FIRST: on cell see if there are any software updates for the Android system. (If not sure how-use Google search to find out how to do update)

SECOND: use Google Play Store-search LDS tools. On screen should see UNINSTALL & OPEN.
Click UNINSTALL
Do the same with FamilySearch Tree.

THIRD: Turn off phone completely (not restart). Let rest for a few minutes. Restart

FOURTH: Google Play Store.
Install ONE app at a time DON'T press OPEN.
**IF you get the message "Your device isn't compatible with this version. Your phone cannot install.
(Being an older phone-not sure if rooting and installing an Android update will work). (Samsung Note 4-not compatible)
Otherwise buying a new phone will be necessary.

FIFTH: Shut down phone completely, rest, restart.
Open app from the icon and try signing in.
Follow the same steps with the other app.

Hope this helps.
Sandykj
karenlhenderson

Post by karenlhenderson »

can't login to LDS Tools
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

karenlhenderson wrote:can't login to LDS Tools
Can you get into the ward directory or calendar on churchofjesuschrist.org?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mbrinker

Post by mbrinker »

I deleted the app and then reinstalled it. It is now working.
hsimmonds84

Post by hsimmonds84 »

My husband and I aslo have this weird looping issue. Its only on tge tools app, no others.
nkelsch

Post by nkelsch »

I’m having the same cycling issue with the app: I deleted and reinstalled the app (iOS 13.6). The app opens and asks for login info, then goes to the update screen. Then cycles back to the login screen. I can login via LDS.org just fine, regardless of browser.
lvisnaw

Post by lvisnaw »

russellhltn wrote:Do you have any special characters in your password? (Such as punctuation or symbols?) That seems to cause a problem.
Removing the special characters helped my login issues. Thank you for the suggestion.

Return to “Member Tools”