Can't login to LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
csbnsdk

Can't login to LDS Tools

Post by csbnsdk »

I can login to my account on the computer but I can't login to my account on my phone. It says login fails even though I am using the same login as on my computer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't login to LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

Do you have any special characters in your password? (Such as punctuation or symbols?) That seems to cause a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
californiaann

Post by californiaann »

I type in my password and log in but it keeps circling and won’t connect
BillPhillips260

Post by BillPhillips260 »

I have this same problem. The browser (Chrome) works fine, but the phone (Galaxy S6) won't sign in. No special characters.
askillings

Post by askillings »

I’m having the same problem and would love a way to fix it. I even removed the app from my phone and reinstalled so I could log in with a fresh start. Fails every time it I don’t have any trouble logging in to lds.org
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BillPhillips260 wrote:No special characters.
So, just to be clear, your password is just letters and maybe numbers?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tnarg1

Post by tnarg1 »

Try to login in from lds tools by putting in user name and password and it tries to authorize and then goes back to login again.
askillings

Post by askillings »

Yes
sl2saint

Post by sl2saint »

I have an Amazon Kindle Fire. I had LDSTOOLS app loaded and I worked fine. About a month ago it stopped working. I can't login. The Fire uses the Android OS. I have an IMAC desktop compute and use LDS.ORG. everything there worked great. I am wondering if there was an update to the app or the Android OS. I have tried changing the password, no change. I deleted the app, waited a few days and reloaded the app, no change. The last attempt, I deleted ALL my apps. Then I completely reset the kindle to the original Amazon settings so the system was just like it was when I bought it. The first thing it did was to perform all updates. Then I had to re-enter all the information. I then installed the LDS TOOLS app. Then I tried to login to LDS TOOLS. I still can't log in. If I go to LDS..ORG everything works fine. Anyone have any ideas? Is there someone else in the LDSTECH SUPPORT I can or should contact? Thanks for your help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sl2saint wrote:I have an Amazon Kindle Fire.
Unless something changes, you're out of luck. There's nothing you can do.

Return to “Member Tools”