LDS Tools Services are unavailable

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
gshosford

Re: LDS Tools Services are unavailable

Post by gshosford »

Thank you. I will try sending feedback to them again. It will be the third time. Hopefully, they will not disregard my feedback.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

gshosford wrote:Thank you. I will try sending feedback to them again. It will be the third time. Hopefully, they will not disregard my feedback.
Feedback is reviewed, but there is no guarantee that you will get a response.

Sending repeated feedback on this issue isn't going to do anything except create more work for the person reviewing the feedback.
pyz01

Post by pyz01 »

Not sure if this helps everyone - but here are a couple of pieces that may help:

1. It appears that those in leadership positions (like Elders Quorum Presidency or Relief Society Presidency) who have expanded access to ministering are experiencing the syncing problems. The problem does not appear to be universal Android.
2. The feedback I received back from technical support was that the Android services are experiencing some difficulties and that I should use the BETA version until it is fixed.
3. The BETA version is working for syncing and worked on both my devices (phone and tablet).

Hope this information is helpful for others.
WJederberg

Post by WJederberg »

As the executive secretary, I have to access member information in a lot of meetings and when preparing agendas and reports for the Bishop. Sure I can log on from my computer, but won't be carrying it around to every meeting. This error is on both my phone and my notepad. They were both working up until a week or so ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. (including cache clearing) and it still won't completely synch. I hope this gets cleared soon.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

WJederberg wrote:They were both working up until a week or so ago.
And for the last week they have been trying to isolate and fix the problem. And for those who have succeeded by loading the beta, wonderful. But there are reports that some who have switched to the beta are still having the same sync problem.

I would not want to be the person who is fixing this challenge, because it may be related to other services besides the app itself.
jmackie6

Post by jmackie6 »

Same problem here. I have Android 8.1.0 and it is up to date. I have cleared the cache, cleared data, and finally reinstalled the app. Still no luck. It Starts to sync and then at the end it says that the app has stopped working or that lds services are unavailable. I have gotten both of these responses but the "app stoppped working" has been more common.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jmackie6 wrote:Same problem here. I have Android 8.1.0 and it is up to date. I have cleared the cache, cleared data, and finally reinstalled the app. Still no luck. It Starts to sync and then at the end it says that the app has stopped working or that lds services are unavailable. I have gotten both of these responses but the "app stoppped working" has been more common.
In other posts, those who are closer to this issue than I am have indicated that they have determined what the problem is but fixing it is more of a challenge than anticipated. We will need to be patient - they are working on it as diligently as possible. For ward leaders, you can do everything on LDS.org that you can with LDSTools. Yes, it may be a bit inconvenient but it works.
badgoatfarm

Post by badgoatfarm »

Same issue today and I am running android 7 on a LG stylus 2 I believe.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The app was updated in the Google Play Store today. That should fix the issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drmoreland

Post by drmoreland »

Not working on my new pixel 4. Transferred the app from my old phone. got the tools services not available try again later message. Uninstall and reinstall the latest 4.4 release and had the same result. Advice?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”