Temple Ordinances

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Temple Ordinances

Postby russellhltn » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:42 pm

HollyRollins wrote:My husband and I just got married and are moving to another state. Would we be able to use our Living Ordinance Recommend for our Sealing in another state or would we need to meet with our future bishop and stake president and get a new one in our new state? We are going to get sealed in the state we are moving to.

I'd think they're good at any temple. But do check and see if there's an expiration date on that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:19 pm

HollyRollins wrote:My husband and I just got married and are moving to another state. Would we be able to use our Living Ordinance Recommend for our Sealing in another state or would we need to meet with our future bishop and stake president and get a new one in our new state? We are going to get sealed in the state we are moving to.

You'll need to call the temple to set an appointment for your sealing. When you call, the temple might be able to answer your question.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Getting a recommend and then getting sealed in a different state is a fairly common occurrence. (Think about all of the college students who get recommends in their YSA wards.) You shouldn't have any issues.

The only thing to watch out for is that you have your interview with the bishop and stake president in the same stake. Changing stakes in the middle of that process can cause problems.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Also, be aware that when you got for a temple interview, if you've been in the unit less than one year, the bishop has to check with your prior bishop.

As such, I'd think you'd be better off getting the recommend before you move, since afterwards there will be an added step to the process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”