Getting our receivers registered to the correct stake

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
mevans

Getting our receivers registered to the correct stake

Post by mevans »

We have a strange situation where our satellite receivers are registered to another stake, but at our stake center's address (which I can confirm by looking at tm.lds.org). This causes confusion whenever I have to call satellite support. I've talked with the FM group a couple of times about getting this fixed. It still hasn't happened, and they've had to escalate issues at church headquarters, but it still isn't fixed. Somehow, this problem is because the family history center in our stake center is run by a different stake (I still can't figure that one out, or what it has to do with our satellite receivers, which aren't in the family history center, but presumably it makes sense to someone at church headquarters).

Since helpful people lurk around here, I'm wondering if anyone here has any other ideas on how to get this fixed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Getting our receivers registered to the correct stake

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:Somehow, this problem is because the family history center in our stake center is run by a different stake (I still can't figure that one out, or what it has to do with our satellite receivers, which aren't in the family history center, but presumably it makes sense to someone at church headquarters).
What about your internet firewall? Is that registered to your stake? Are the receivers connected to the internet (yet)? That might be the connection.

I'd think if your FHC is run by a different stake, then it's not a stake FHC but a regional one with your stake as the agent stake. I'd think that would allow the other stake to have staff in that center.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Re: Getting our receivers registered to the correct stake

Post by mevans »

Yes, it's a regional FHC. Our satellite receivers are not yet connected to the internet. The internet firewall shows as having contacts in both stakes, and it is physically located in the FHC.

Return to “Satellite”