Moving a missionary funding account

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Lanehanson

Re: Moving a missionary funding account

Post by Lanehanson »

On the LCR home page, select the "Applications" tab. From there, select the "Missionary Online Recommendation System" (MORS). Once there, select "Full-Time Missionaries" and the names of all missionaries assigned to your ward will appear (the missionary has to have his/her records in your ward first). If you need to transfer the missionary's account into your ward, select the "other units" tab on the right side of the page next to the missionary's name. Then, at the bottom, there will be a section labeled "Membership Unit" where you can send a request to the prior unit to move the accounts into your ward unit. The prior unit will have 14 days to accept the transfer request and once they do, the funding account will automatically switch into your membership unit. Then payments can be made by the family on behalf of their missionary. Hope this helps. I've learned through trial and error.....and some helpful tips in this forum.
vernebraden

Post by vernebraden »

I have a similar issue currently ongoing. We have moved a missionary to our ward from a different ward. That process is now complete. However no funds have been transferred? My question is what process does the previous ward need to go through to make sure the funds for the missionary get transferred to us?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The two posts before your post have the most current information. Either the loosing ward or the gaining ward can initiate the transfer of financial responsibility. Make sure your ward and the loosing ward agree on an effective date of transfer of financial responsibility to ensure the account balance on that date is transferred.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”