Mormon Messages

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mskaz-p40

Mormon Messages

Post by mskaz-p40 »

This is just a silly little thing, but I was attempting to update the Additional Web Resources section on the main page of our Ward Website. I wanted to add the Mormon Messages on YouTube, but I get an error that says "Unauthorized URL". I suppose it's a good idea to keep most YouTube links off of the ward website! ;)

I am not very computer savvy so I'm not sure if there is another way to provide this link.

Also, just a thank you to everyone on these forums. Although I don't understand half of what is being said here, (I don't speak computer) I have found tons of useful tips and resources for two of my current callings.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

mskaz wrote:This is just a silly little thing, but I was attempting to update the Additional Web Resources section on the main page of our Ward Website. I wanted to add the Mormon Messages on YouTube, but I get an error that says "Unauthorized URL". I suppose it's a good idea to keep most YouTube links off of the ward website! ;)
Only a small list of web sites is approved for the Web Resources. You may wish to review THISthread for more information.

Also, thanks for the comments. We have a great bunch of people who are very talented and don't mind sharing. It's what makes this forum the success it is.
nielsondc-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by nielsondc-p40 »

The Church is currently working on a solution that will allow those who block YouTube to view Mormon Messages on lds.org. This will also allow stake and ward websites to link to these videos. Watch for additional information in a month or two.
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

mskaz wrote:This is just a silly little thing, but I was attempting to update the Additional Web Resources section on the main page of our Ward Website. I wanted to add the Mormon Messages on YouTube, but I get an error that says "Unauthorized URL". I suppose it's a good idea to keep most YouTube links off of the ward website! ;)
This is not exactly the same as the MormonMessages URL on YouTube, but I believe this URL might serve your purpose equally well:

http://videos.lds.org

And it is linkable into the Additional Web Resources section.

Thanks,
Dennis
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmaynes wrote:This is not exactly the same as the MormonMessages URL on YouTube, but I believe this URL might serve your purpose equally well:

http://videos.lds.org

And it is linkable into the Additional Web Resources section.
Good suggestion!

And I would note that the links to the MormonMessages channels on YouTube are featured prominently on that page, so with just one extra click you can get to the same place.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”