Calendar not loading

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jegbert

Re: Calendar not loading

Post by jegbert »

Thank you for your insights and willingness to assist.

I’m the Stake Executive Secretary in my stake. I can access all the LCR pages fine and the rest of the church website, but not the calendar. I’ve refreshed it many, many times.

We have bandwidth at our stake center(and at my home and work office), in excess of 100Mbit up and down. Office is gigabit. Our entire stake presidency has the same issue regardless of device or browser we try.

I’ve called global services only to be told it is a known issue they are working on. That’s been since Calendar 4.0 in November. We are seriously considering another calendar option for our stake. We’re not sure what to do next.
caillines

Post by caillines »

How long do you wait for it to load? It current can take 15+ seconds for the initial load.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

caillines wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:06 pm How long do you wait for it to load? It current can take 15+ seconds for the initial load.
He reported 19 minutes and 14 seconds in an earlier post.
jegbert

Post by jegbert »

Multiple tries on different computers and devices, different browsers, caches cleared, etc. waited more than 10 minutes multiple times while keeping sessions active. All other pages in the LCR work fine, but no luck loading the calendar.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jegbert wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:32 pm Our entire stake presidency has the same issue regardless of device or browser we try.

I’ve called global services only to be told it is a known issue they are working on.
Wow! You have my condolences and I see little more that you can do.

Since it affects the entire presidency, I suspect a database problem that only Salt Lake can solve.

You should not have to do this, but it you are able to carve out a few minutes with the right person, my last suggestion is the only hope I see for you.
. . . someone with technical skills would be able to work with your browser advanced features to watch and log what happens as your browser tries to load the Calendar page. There may be some clues there as to where the process is hanging, and why.
Perhaps a clue there will help the developers hone in on the problem.

Sadly, they should already be doing that with your database or that of some other unit with the same problem. Perhaps they already are doing it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jegbert wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:32 pm We’re not sure what to do next.
As a temporary measure, I would set up a google calendar and give the members a link to it. Keep it simple, with the most important items. It is not a very robust way going forward. But it may do for the main events in the interim.

I will send you a PM with a link to one that is used in our area, but it has a single purpose and is not very crowded with events.

And I would pray that the Calendar folks figure out Life, the Universe, and everything else Calendar very soon.

Return to “Calendar”