New Mormon Channel iPhone/iPod App Available

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
butlerrl
New Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: USA

#21

Post by butlerrl »

tomw wrote:There is not a published mms link at this time. I think that there are some server resizing issues that need to happen before the group responsible for the Mormon Channel feeds make the URL's public.

Tom

So there is no way to listen to the Mormon Channel through say Windows Media Player? I'd really like to be able to listen to the channel through my windows media center setup, but can't unless I have some sort of media feed (at least not any way that I know of). Any idea when something might be available for us non-flash users?
User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

#22

Post by mkmurray »

primetime34 wrote:So there is no way to listen to the Mormon Channel through say Windows Media Player? I'd really like to be able to listen to the channel through my windows media center setup, but can't unless I have some sort of media feed (at least not any way that I know of). Any idea when something might be available for us non-flash users?
If you read his comments closely, Tom did indicate that the URL is not yet publically published, and it appears that the goal is to hopefully have it published in the future.
Many questions are already answered on the Tech Wiki. Check it out!
butlerrl
New Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: USA

#23

Post by butlerrl »

mkmurray wrote:If you read his comments closely, Tom did indicate that the URL is not yet publically published, and it appears that the goal is to hopefully have it published in the future.
Okay..thanks for the help..now the waiting.....:)
Piacenterm-p40
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:13 am
Location: Cape Coral, FL, USA

#24

Post by Piacenterm-p40 »

ANy update on the Windows Mobile App? :)
User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

#25

Post by mkmurray »

Piacenterm wrote:ANy update on the Windows Mobile App? :)
Well, here is a page regarding consolidating links to all of the proposed mobile platforms that this app is being ported to: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Mormon_Channel

I'm the one that created the Windows Mobile page and have talked with a few willing and helpful volunteers. Unfortunately, if you read the wiki page for the Windows Mobile app, they are some fundamental issues that we can't seem to figure out at the moment. We'll definitely keep trying, though I must admit these problems have belittled my enthusiasm quite a bit.
Many questions are already answered on the Tech Wiki. Check it out!
Piacenterm-p40
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:13 am
Location: Cape Coral, FL, USA

#26

Post by Piacenterm-p40 »

Thanks for the update! If I had the skills, I would be happy to help! Thanks for your efforts!
lgrobbins-p40
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:14 am
Location: Papillion, Nebraska USA

Updating Magazines on Mormon Channel iPhone app

#27

Post by lgrobbins-p40 »

Can anyone offer insight how the magazines (Ensign, New Era and Friend) are updated (I have the July issues and am looking to get the August issues) in the Mormon Channel iPhone app? I don't get any "updates" from the iStore and I don't see any buttons to update in the app itself.
User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

#28

Post by mkmurray »

lgrobbins wrote:Can anyone offer insight how the magazines (Ensign, New Era and Friend) are updated (I have the July issues and am looking to get the August issues) in the Mormon Channel iPhone app? I don't get any "updates" from the iStore and I don't see any buttons to update in the app itself.
The app itself finds out what is available via web service calls. The app itself shouldn't need any updates to see the new content. The only factor is probably the content being published to the web services on the Church's servers.
Many questions are already answered on the Tech Wiki. Check it out!
User avatar
McDanielCA
Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

#29

Post by McDanielCA »

As soon as the Web site (http://www.lds.org/mp3/newarchive/0,186 ... -1,00.html) is updated the app will be updated. Like Mike so eloquently stated :)
andrewmoquin-p40
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:16 am
Location: Williamsville, NY
Contact:

#30

Post by andrewmoquin-p40 »

Congratulations in the iPhone app. According to the wiki it streams using MSS.Are these streams using RTSP via MSS? If not, any chance you can publish the raw stream?

A raw MP3 stream would be even better. :)

I'd like to remove the chains of my computer and put this on my and my father's internet radio in the living room.

I think it's better to have this type of programming throughout the house rather than just in the computer room.

Thanks!
_________________________

“Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.”
Post Reply

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”