Getting my membership number

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
CaptainAFKyra

Getting my membership number

Post by CaptainAFKyra »

I am requesting some help.

I have decided that I would like to revoke my membership to the LDS church, but to send an appeal I need to obtain my membership numbers. Does anyone know how I would obtain my membership numbers without having to dig through a bunch of my late parents documents. I am quite certain I don't have their church documents any longer as well. I would really like to have this taken care of as soon as possible. Thank you for your assistance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Getting my membership number

Post by russellhltn »

CaptainAFKyra wrote:but to send an appeal I need to obtain my membership numbers.
I don't think that's part of the official process. At least it's not specifically spelled out in the Handbook. The official process is to contact the bishop of the area you live in. He'll need to have information (such as full name, birth date, etc) to positively identify you. The MRN (membership number) would be a nice touch, but really shouldn't be necessary. Once he requests your membership records (if it's not already in the ward), he'll have all the information necessary - including the MRN to send to Headquarters.

You can locate your bishop by entering your address into maps.lds.org and finding out what ward is for your location.

While it's possible your parents might have had your MRN, I'd say there's a less than 50/50 chance that they do/did.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adamang8118

Post by adamang8118 »

hi i was a re-join member in latter day saint , kuala lumpur branch , since january 2022 until now and is going to be September 2022 i still not yet ,get my
MRN ( Membership record number ), even i has ask few time with my current branch president , which is president bradford for Kuala Lumpur , malaysia branch . becauase without MRN ( membership record number ) i feel not confident continue paying my thithing , and secondly i unable to get my ( temple recomend card ) can anyone help me on this matter ?

kindly reply .
thanks .

[Personal information removed - this is a public forum]
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Instead of trying to get your membership record number from you branch president speak with your branch clerk. It is the clerk's responsibility to maintain records and to fulfill requests such as this. Your branch president is busy with other tasks and may forget when other issues are more demanding.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”