Ministering Assignments

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
brooklyn.greenwood

Ministering Assignments

Post by brooklyn.greenwood »

I have some sisters in my ward who do not have a smart phone, so they are unable to download the LDS Tools app, and they do not have a calling that allows them access to the Leaders and Clerk Resources (LCR) page. Is there a way for them to see their ministering assignments and who is assigned to minister to them online from a desktop computer?
Thank you!
davesudweeks

Re: Ministering Assignments

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe the ability to see ministering assignments on lds.org is restricted to certain callings. Ministering assignments are supposed to be issued in person - it would be appropriate for those sisters to be given a paper copy of their assignment for reference.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brooklyn.greenwood wrote:Is there a way for them to see their ministering assignments and who is assigned to minister to them online from a desktop computer?
No* Not at this time.

*It can be done if the individual installs a Android emulator on thier computer so they can run the Android LDS Tools. But that tends to be outside of most people's comfort zone. At leat not without step-by-step instructions. Maybe, someday when the Directory is re-written, it will happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I believe the ability to see ministering assignments on lds.org is restricted to certain callings.
True, for now. But anyone with LDS Tools can see their assignments in LDS Tools. But you are absolutely correct in that the leaders shouldn't be replacing "little slips of paper" with "look it up in your app". The whole thing about Ministering is there needs to be a line of communication between the leaders and the teachers well beyond "here's your names".

A more complete explanation: Currently, the only place in lds.org that has access to Ministering information is LCR. But LCR is restricted to certain leadership callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”