LDS Tools crashing on opening

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
whitneyanncowley

LDS Tools crashing on opening

Post by whitneyanncowley »

My lds tools app recently started crashing every time I open it. I'm usually able to type my pass code in before it crashes with a message that says "Unfortunately, LDS Tools has stopped." I've reinstalled it several times, but there's no change. I am able to use it with no problems when connected to Wi-fi, but I'm rarely connected. It started crashing after I logged myself out and signed my husband in, though I'm not sure the connection. Help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools crashing on opening

Post by sbradshaw »

What version of LDS Tools do you have installed? What kind of device do you have, and what operating system is it running?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
whitneyanncowley

Post by whitneyanncowley »

I'm not terribly brilliant at answering these types of questions, but I'll do my best! The app appears to be 3.5.2 (is it possible not to have the latest version download when you install it?) I have an android phone (Moto E to be exact). And it says the android version is 5.1. Is that what you're looking for?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, it sounds like you're on the latest version of LDS Tools (usually the latest version installs the first time you install the app, but sometimes updates to the app don't install automatically), and your phone should support everything (the current version of LDS Tools should work on any device that supports Android 5 and above, except Kindle Fire devices). Normally the best line of support for LDS Tools is to send feedback using the in-app "Contact Us" link – that attaches basic diagnostic info about the device that can help the support team debug the problem – but since you can't open the app, you could try sending an email to LDSToolsSupport@ldschurch.org. They will probably want to know the same information as above (LDS Tools version and Android version).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jmackie6

Post by jmackie6 »

Same problem here. I have Android 8.1.0 and it is up to date. I have a Moto G5 Plus and lds tools version 3.5.3. I have cleared the cache, cleared data, and finally reinstalled the app. Still no luck. It Starts to sync and then at the end it says that the app has stopped working or that lds services are unavailable. I have gotten both of these responses but the "app stoppped working" has been more common. The thing that i have in common with the OP is that we both have Moto phones...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The problem is not with your phone. The developers are working to see how quickly they can release a beta that has fixed the problem.
sanderbybee

Post by sanderbybee »

My LDS Tools account stops during syncing on both my tablet and cell phone. It forces me to sync but then crashes. It hasn't worked for about a week. I'm a Stake Clerk and need it to work to do my work. Very frustrating.
Thank You,
Sander Bybee
sanderbybee@hotmail.com
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sanderbybee wrote:I'm a Stake Clerk and need it to work to do my work.
As you and the rest of the world have discovered, LDS Tools for Android is not working at the moment. Your options are either to wait until the next regular revision of the app is released, move to the beta version of the app, or obtain all of the same information from Leader and Clerk Resources until the developers have released an update.
brussell3

Post by brussell3 »

The issue I am seeing is the same, but when I have my daughter log into her account from my phone it syncs fine. We both have Pixel XLs with OS9.

She can log into LDS tools on both my phone and hers. However, when I try to login with my U/N on either phone, sync starts and goes up to about 80% then flashes back to the login screen.

Appears to you individual user related.

Hope this helps in the debug.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

An updated version of LDS Tools that addresses these issues will be released "shortly." If you are affected, you can install the beta or wait a few days for the fix to be released. It may be released before Sunday -- or it may not be released by Sunday. (How is that for specific?)

Return to “Android Member Tools App”