Post by kevinjgray »

Samsung S8, Android 9, Google Play is 19.7.12,
Thanks.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: SOLUTION: LDS directory services are unavailable

Post by scgallafent »

Have you sent the message with the error logs to the feedback address?
kevinjgray

Post by kevinjgray »

Yes, I sent them in a couple days ago, thanks!
tcboyd96

Post by tcboyd96 »

For the past couple weeks I keep getting an error after attempting to sync member tools. It logs in, says updating, then after several minutes it says "member tools unavailable". I have the latest Android in a galaxy s10. My husband has a note 10, same error. I also have 2 other friends I tried to help, and they have the same error. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no success. How do I fix this?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You should be on certain 4.0.2. if not, update so that you're on the lastest version. Then hold on a little if it's not working. There is quite a bit of work going on to improve sync issues.
happybeebug

Post by happybeebug »

I'm having the same problem, also on Android Galaxy S10. I checked and I do have Member Tools version 4.0.2. My phone is running Android version 10 with the most recent device updates all installed, including "Android Security Patch Level" dated April 1 2020. When I try to use the Member Tools program, I put in my user name and password, then the program goes right to "Updating" with the spinning circle. It does that for a minute or two and then gives the error message: "Member Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later." And the only option offered is "OK", which exits the program. There is not the usual keypad to put in my pin or anything. I'm not sure what you mean by "hold on a little". If you mean to wait for the program, I do wait for the spinning circle to stop, but it always gives the error. And if you mean wait a few days, I already have. I've tried again several times over the last week or two and still get the same response. Any hints on what else to try?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

happybeebug wrote:Any hints on what else to try?
When scgallafent wrote "Then hold on a little if it's not working", he meant there is nothing you can do until the issue is fixed. This was stated in his next sentence; "There is quite a bit of work going on to improve sync issues." There is nothing wrong on your end. It is an issue with the sync system for the app. I would check each day. If it doesn't work then check the next day ... and so on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bigddan11

Post by bigddan11 »

I can confirm this appears to mostly be an Android issue. I am able to access Member Services just fine on my PC, and my parents are able to access it with their iPhones. However they are unable to access it with their Android tablets, and I'm unable to access it with my Android phone (Samsung S8+). I didn't have the problem until the forced resync took place a week and a half ago when Member Services updated to the most recent model.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I was forced to do a factory reset on my phone. After reloading Member Tools, the first sync attempt failed, but the second one went though.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tj.ralphs

Post by tj.ralphs »

I have a Member that is having this issue. We have made sure they have the latest version of the app on their phone. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone and still have the issue. Has anybody found a solution for this?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”