Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Re: Calendar 3.0 - new major version coming

Post by RBeatse »

It just showed up today for me (was not there last night). I get System Error messages and if I view current items on the calendar, the calendar they live on is not showing. It is going to take a bit to learn the whole new look and feel. Is there where I should report issues if I see them (like the missing calendars)?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The short URL "Calendar.LDS.org" redirects to "https://lds.org/church-calendar", which gives me an error ("server unexpectedly dropped the connection").
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Yes, we are still in the process of rolling out the new calendar today. Still chasing some redirect issues. For issues, using the feedback link in the footer of lds.org will get to me if you use the word calendar. Also, I will be checking in here.
RBeatse

Calendar 3.0 released

Post by RBeatse »

Having the time zone alone is making me a very happy scheduler. Interesting tidbit, it picked up my time zone as in Eastern Time (which I currently am) but my laptop is set to Mountain Time Zone and is the same as my buildings. Not a problem because I told it to ignore my current location but I did not know where it was getting it from.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

You shouldn't have any missing calendars. But the way to now "subscribe" to them (list them on the left) is to use the "Choose Calendars" link.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

The time zone function is not working yet. If you change it, it won't stick. It will be overridden by your browser timezone if you refresh the main calendar page. We'll get that fixed.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

CrockettDR wrote:You shouldn't have any missing calendars. But the way to now "subscribe" to them (list them on the left) is to use the "Choose Calendars" link.
If this was a response to my comment, I was talking about viewing a current calendar entry details. When I view the details of an item, the calendar name is not showing. I have entered the same data as a "feedback" item.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

CrockettDR wrote:The time zone function is not working yet. If you change it, it won't stick. It will be overridden by your browser timezone if you refresh the main calendar page. We'll get that fixed.
Well, I like that it is going to be an option. I asked for it about 5 years ago. Thanks!!
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

At the top of the page (just to the right) of +Add Event is a calendar icon. Should clicking that bring up a calendar to allow for movement to a future date faster? If so, it does not currently work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:At the top of the page (just to the right) of +Add Event is a calendar icon. Should clicking that bring up a calendar to allow for movement to a future date faster? If so, it does not currently work.
The calendar icon takes you to the current month. But the arrows just to the right of that will allow you to move forward/back one month (assuming you are in "month" mode.)

Off hand, I don't see anything that would allow you to just faster than one month at a time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”