Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
casper684

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by casper684 »

Oh for me I am happy for this because I am Stake Center building scheduler and ward webmaster. ALL ward calendars were listed as well as other Stakes. So when I wanted to put something on the calendar I had to scroll a lot past all these calendar selections that I had no rights to put things on. You will need to get someone to give you necessary access by virtue of your calling to the calendars you need. Sorry it doesn't work for your needs.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

casper684 wrote:You will need to get someone to give you necessary access by virtue of your calling to the calendars you need.
I don’t think there is a setting/calling that gives access to all Ward’s calendars and the Stake ones. If there is, someone can let me know and I’ll get it added. We could never find the right combination until this opened up earlier this year (until today).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:I don’t think there is a setting/calling that gives access to all Ward’s calendars and the Stake ones. If there is, someone can let me know and I’ll get it added.
Try assistant stake clerk. Note that it can take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect.

I think pretty much anyone at the stake presidency level has that right. But unless you want to become the Stake Clerk or Stake Executive Secretary, you'll probably want to stick with Assistant Stake Clerk. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:Try assistant stake clerk.
Correction. I believe that will give you visibility into their calendars. But you can't add anything. And you can only edit what takes place in a location where you are the building scheduler.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I have the visibility now, I just can’t edit which usually isn’t an issue but I do users for assistance at times and it was easier when I did but, oh well, not anymore. Thanks for the clarification.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Our stake webmaster is also down as a building scheduler on each of the 4 buildings in our stake. Course no one calls him for building scheduling but it gives him input & editing rights access to all building calendars. He also has rights to all stake calendars. Just need to find the right person to give you access. Access can be granted by calling or name. I do not use name unless absolutely necessary cause callings change and you have to remember to go back in and remove person when done by name.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I just tried to go into the "Administrators" link in the "gear" and all I get is a red "System Error". I am not sure if that is the location where this can be changed or not but something I noticed. Also, I checked the building/Resource section and I am the Primary Building Scheduler for all of the buildings but I cannot schedule for a Ward on their own calendar (for example, I get a call from the RS president who is having some computer issue and would like to put something on her calendar so that her Sisters can see it). If that is a setting/calling/etc that can be done, then my Stake President would want me to have it but if not, that is fine also. We will work it as we always have. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:I just tried to go into the "Administrators" link in the "gear" and all I get is a red "System Error".
A known new bug with the update. If anyone has been added by name, that will happen.

casper684

Post by casper684 »

I had same problem with gear. I really dislike putting in by name. But necessary as a temporary measure sometimes due to
clerks not entering callings promptly :-)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

casper684 wrote:But necessary as a temporary measure sometimes due to clerks not entering callings promptly :-)
Clerks are not the only ones who can edit callings. For some time now organization presidencies have been able to do that for their organization. And of course the bishopric members can edit callings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”