Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote:I tried the restriction but I must choose who to restrict it to and no good choices unless I choose entire stake and that defeats purpose also what calendar to put it on?
I'll have to double check, but I think "stake" limits it to "stake calendar events" - not "any ward in the stake".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

Could you put “Stake Meetings” on the calendar in each building and use the “Schedule entire building”? Then no one else can schedule the buildings during that time. As was said, that won’t stop someone from scheduling something with no location and do what they want anyway, but personal responsibility is there for a reason. Good luck!
casper684

Post by casper684 »

RBeatse wrote:Could you put “Stake Meetings” on the calendar in each building and use the “Schedule entire building”? Then no one else can schedule the buildings during that time. As was said, that won’t stop someone from scheduling something with no location and do what they want anyway, but personal responsibility is there for a reason. Good luck!
Sounds like best option. Guess I would have to use Stake Events calendar and for event put
"Reserved for Stake Meetings" in the Event Name Section and in Descriptions just put
Per Stake President: Every 4th Thursday of the month is reserved for Stake meetings. No meetings should be scheduled on that night which could conflict with a stake meeting. To schedule contact
your building scheduler. This would need to be done for each building.

Anyone else have better suggestion. Just trying to accommodate Stake President's directive, IF it is possible. I only use the calendar as all scheduling must be done on it.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

russellhltn wrote:
casper684 wrote:I tried the restriction but I must choose who to restrict it to and no good choices unless I choose entire stake and that defeats purpose also what calendar to put it on?
I'll have to double check, but I think "stake" limits it to "stake calendar events" - not "any ward in the stake".
OHHH now that is a different story. That would work. I thought that was an odd thing to have entire stake like that but figured it meant if another stake also utilizing building they would be blocked. Will anxiously await your "double check" :-) Thank you for your help with this matter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:"stake" limits it to "stake calendar events" - not "any ward in the stake".
I've confirmed that's the intent.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jamdelben

Post by jamdelben »

The time zone function is not working yet. If you change it, it won't stick. It will be overridden by your browser timezone if you refresh the main calendar page. We'll get that fixed.
SaranWrap

Post by SaranWrap »

sbradshaw wrote:
bweight wrote:It would be nice if there was a DUPLICATE feature that would make a copy of the event and then I could just change the date and time. That will way better than having to start with a blank event each time.
I don't have rights to edit the calendar currently, but it used to be that you could right-click on a calendar event (at least in the month view) and copy, then right-click on another day and paste. Is that still possible?
Really missing this feature this time of year when we need to manually create EVERY event instead of editing copied events. Not sure why features like this would be removed.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

The entire front end of the calendar had to be rewritten, introduced nearly a year ago. The copy/paste feature wasn't re-implemented because of cost, complexity, and generally low use. Its usefulness is understood.
gaskinsb

Post by gaskinsb »

Does the “copy to my calendar” button found in each calendar event not function? Will it ever?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gaskinsb wrote:Does the “copy to my calendar” button found in each calendar event not function? Will it ever?
I believe you're taking about Member Tools, not the calendar found on churchofjesuschrist.org

It works on my Android.

Return to “Calendar”