Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by RBeatse »

I’ll let someone confirm but I believe that each building has a time zone attached to it. Since wards are also assigned to a building, the calendars for that Ward/building can be the culprit.
Have your calendar administrator go to “Locations and Resources”, then choose the building and on the next page you will see the time zone for that building.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:I’ll let someone confirm but I believe that each building has a time zone attached to it.
That is correct.
RBeatse wrote:Have your calendar administrator go to “Locations and Resources”, then choose the building and on the next page you will see the time zone for that building.
It requires a stake admin.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skiddlyarcus

Post by skiddlyarcus »

russellhltn wrote:
RBeatse wrote:I’ll let someone confirm but I believe that each building has a time zone attached to it.
That is correct.
RBeatse wrote:Have your calendar administrator go to “Locations and Resources”, then choose the building and on the next page you will see the time zone for that building.
It requires a stake admin.
I checked all buildings under "Locations and Rooms" in the Calendar app - all of them are in "America/Phoenix" time zone.

Some additional troubleshooting steps I just tried:
I thought maybe I would update the time zone on a building (change it to something wrong and then change it back to America/Phoenix ... but it gives a warning: "There are future events tied to this location that must be moved before the time zone may be changed. Coordinate with building schedulers to have these events moved." (Kudos to the developers that built that error check - nicely done!)

I tried to choose the building before choosing the calendar - but it warns that "You must select a calendar before you can select a facility."

I created a new test calendar to see if a new calendar would default to the "America/Phoenix" time zone, but new events on the test calendar also default to the "America/Denver" time zone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Should have thought about this sooner: Under the gear icon, click on "Date Options".

Also, I'd check what your OS time zone settings are set at. The old calendar system pulled the time zone from the computer. I'm not sure what the current one uses for the default.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skiddlyarcus

Post by skiddlyarcus »

russellhltn wrote:Should have thought about this sooner: Under the gear icon, click on "Date Options".

Also, I'd check what your OS time zone settings are set at. The old calendar system pulled the time zone from the computer. I'm not sure what the current one uses for the default.

Already checked Date options - that's been set to "America/Phoenix"

But I figured I'd check if it's pulling the time zone from computer:
Mac Chrome & Safari with auto time zone located in AZ: calendar chooses "America/Denver"
Mac Chome & Safari with manual time zone set to Phoenix: calendar chooses "America/Denver"
Win10 1903 Chrome & Edge with auto time zone located in AZ: calendar chooses "America/Denver"
Win10 1903 Chrome & Edge with time zone changed to Utah time (UTC-7 DST auto-adjust on: as soon as I refresh the calendar this gives me an error stating:
Your Device is in a Different Timezone
Your device's timezone: America/Denver
Calendar's timezone: America/Phoenix
Would you like to automatically update your calendar's timezone to match your device's timezone?
I adjusted time zones manually several times and each time I set the windows time zone to anything other than the only true and unchanging time zone (Arizona), Calendar 3.0 correctly recognizes that my computer time doesn't match the calendar time zone which is set to America/Phoenix.

Also - regardless of the local time zone of my computer, each time I try to create a new calendar entry and select which stake calendar to use, it always changes the time zone to "America/Denver". It's as if the time zone always defaults to Utah time when creating a new event.

If I go to "Date Options" and change my time zone to "America/New York" and then create a new event, the event time zone changes to "America/Denver" time zone as soon as I select a calendar for the event.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Please create a feedback ticket for this and we will get you fixed up. Yes, somehow your calendars got created with the wrong time zone. It grabs the time zone for the unit so perhaps at one time Facilities had the wrong time zone set for the unit, but we can update your calendars for you.
mprusse

Re: Turning calendar viewing on/off?

Post by mprusse »

mprusse wrote:Am I missing the way to turn on/off viewing of calendars as there used to be?
Hello developers. What ever happened to this ability? I really need to be able to turn on/off viewing of all calendars for a ward or stake. I do a lot of calendar maintenance and this really helps to see things clearly in a quick way. Having to turn on/off calendars one at a time is extremely painstaking. Thank you so much!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mprusse wrote:
mprusse wrote:Am I missing the way to turn on/off viewing of calendars as there used to be?
Hello developers. What ever happened to this ability? I really need to be able to turn on/off viewing of all calendars for a ward or stake. I do a lot of calendar maintenance and this really helps to see things clearly in a quick way. Having to turn on/off calendars one at a time is extremely painstaking. Thank you so much!
You can click the "eye" icon to the right of each calendar that appears in the left column, to show or hide that calendar.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

sbradshaw wrote:
mprusse wrote:
You can click the "eye" icon to the right of each calendar that appears in the left column, to show or hide that calendar.
I believe what he was asking for was an "eye icon" next to the heading for particular Ward or Stake as a "View All" / "View None" type of thing. Having to click each calendar's eye, individually, is the issue.
lani.auwen

Post by lani.auwen »

Is the month print bug fixed yet. Still can't print a monthly calendar.

Return to “Calendar”