Member Reimbursement Account not recognized

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
richardhi99

Re: Member Reimbursement Account not recognized

Post by richardhi99 »

Stake Assistant Clerk for Finance:

Out of Unit Member in a YSA stake, has ACH reimbursement working in home ward, but not in the OofU Stake. Some OofU members it works, some not. Is it possible there are different ways an OofU member is brought into the Stake? Work around is to create a new member with their membership number. Then write a check. ACH still does not work.

Also as I tried to get help, when I choose contact, it logs me out. I could not find a number to call and other than the forum here, there was no help on this subject I could find.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd start by verifying that the member has set up the "Expense Reimbursement Account" in the online donation > settings page. Being able to donate isn't enough.

The fact that it works for some OofU members makes me suspicious that it's a setup issue on the member's side.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

There is a difference in stake callings vs ward callings. For ward callings they have to create an out of unit record before they can record the calling. For stake callings they just use the mrn (because stakes can't have members directly in them). That might another reason some work differently.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:47 am That might another reason some work differently.
Good point.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Note that you don't have to create an out-of-unit record to pay someone electronically. You can add a new payee in the expense screen using their membership number. In my experience you can then send them an electronic reimbursement. I recently had to do this with a college student who moved back to college before getting their reimbursement account set up. Once they set it up I added them as a payee and sent them their reimbursement.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”