Setup/Cleanup time not showing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Setup/Cleanup time not showing

Post by RBeatse »

In the previous version of the calendar, when you put an event on and you added time for setup or cleanup, it showed on the calendar with the event a solid color and the setup or cleanup time a slightly lighter color and a dashed outline.
In the new when you look and it looks like phe time is open and you don’t find out until you get all the way to save the event and it tells you it is not available.
The attached picture shows an event circled that is for the time shown but has setup time for 12 hours and cleanup for 2 hours. You wouldn’t know that unless you looked closer or tried to schedule something (which I just did)!
Attachments
997A87F6-4022-47B3-A093-8BE4AC25DC67.jpeg
(1.03 MiB) Not downloaded yet
kjens

Re: Setup/Cleanup time not showing

Post by kjens »

This has become a HUGE problem in our Stake! People are looking at the Calendar, seeing "open times" and making plans before they get it on the schedule. This has been an especially big problem with Bishops meeting with families to schedule funerals ~ just to find that the location was already scheduled for a non-movable Event. I hope this is a BIG PRIORITY to fix!
I know, I know, people should NOT plan anything without first trying to schedule the Event on the Calendar to see if there are any conflicts. That works in a fantasy online world, but NOT in the real world of these (sadly) imperfect human beings :-)
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

The setup and cleanup times are being put back into the Read/Only details of the events but right now we don't have plans to visually but them in the views.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

CrockettDR wrote:The setup and cleanup times are being put back into the Read/Only details of the events but right now we don't have plans to visually but them in the views.
But why not? the building/resources are reserved during those times and so if you look at the calendar, you are wanting to see if something is available. Having to look at the details of each event to see if they have reserved time for setup or takedown and then figure that into your request time isn't efficient. If that is the case, why not just list all of the events on a given day with no times listed at all. The person can open them up and see what their times are and that should be sufficient. It's not, but that is what the developers are saying by not showing the complete reserved times.

I liked the previous version because you could see, based on color shades, when the setup vs actual time of the event was but not showing it in graphical form just defeats the purpose of showing anything. At worst, could we have a toggle to show or not show?

Return to “Calendar”