Single Adult Ward

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jillykearl

Re: Single Adult Ward

Post by jillykearl »

I live is SE Idaho. I'm looking for either a Ward or activities for over 50 singles. I'm a divorced woman. Thanks in advance!! :)
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

jillykearl wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:51 pm I live is SE Idaho. I'm looking for either a Ward or activities for over 50 singles. I'm a divorced woman. Thanks in advance!! :)
Please refer to the two posts immediately before yours.
tourdeforce1946

Post by tourdeforce1946 »

Is there a 45+ Single Adult Ward I the Houston Area?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tourdeforce1946 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:26 pm Is there a 45+ Single Adult Ward I the Houston Area?
According to the General Handbook, Single Adult wards are limited to ages 31-45.

Your best bet would be to use the Meetinghouse Locator and see if you can find a Single Adult ward that's willing to ignore the age limit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

tourdeforce1946 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:26 pm Is there a 45+ Single Adult Ward I the Houston Area?
Hi, welcome to the forums. I recommend you browse through previous responses to the 45+ question in the discussion threads on this topic. While where aren't any 45+ wards, there's some information from me and others that might be helpful to you in worshiping and socializing with other singles. There isn't even a 31-45 ward anywhere near Houston; it looks like the closest one is in Albuquerque. If you have specific questions about any of the posts people have made, maybe people on this thread can help you.

If you're in a position to travel, here's information on an upcoming 31+ (which includes 45+) conference in Orange County, California. It's coming up in August.
https://www.ocldssinglesconference.com/
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You may wish to ask around. In some larger metropolitan areas one of the wards is designated as a suggested meeting place for single adult members who are interested in attending together. I do not live there, but I know that the Dallas area has one such ward.

And the Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio areas, among many others, hold regular single adult conferences and other activities quite often.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”