Single Adult Ward

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lisa88135

Single Adult Ward

Post by lisa88135 »

I'm over 45. Can i go to a single adult ward?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Single Adult Ward

Post by russellhltn »

According to Handbook 1: 9.1.9.2, Single Adult wards are for single members who are 31 to 45. For those going though a divorce, the divorce must be final (Handbook 2: 16.1.4)

What the local leadership will do when you show up is another story. Some are flexible. I'd think most would allow you to visit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

After the age was lowered to 45, our stake created a 45+ singles magnet family ward. Single members in the stake in that age category are allowed to transfer their membership to the magnet ward, if desired. Some choose to do so, and others do not. Sometimes the 45+ singles magnet ward get visitors from other stakes (although they cannot transfer their records), and sometimes it has had a separate singles Sunday school class that is led and taught by the singles group.

Depending on where you live, there may be organized singles activities and conferences that do include the 45+ crowd. I know people in that group who do travel to some of the organized conferences. If you're not sure how to get involved or cannot find the groups, please send me a private message and I can put you in contact with someone who is pretty well connected.
nedbrain

Post by nedbrain »

Is there a 45+ single adult ward in Las Vegas Nevada

Where is it?
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined posts
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

nedbrain wrote:Is there a 45+ single adult ward in Las Vegas Nevada

Where is it?
country59

Post by country59 »

Looking for a 45 + Singles Ward near Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

country59 wrote:Looking for a 45 + Singles Ward near Spartanburg, South Carolina.
I looks like they only have the Greenville Young Single Adult Ward, but nothing for 45+ singles.

If you type an address into the above link's search bar (on the left), it will show you which family ward is associated with that address. You can click on the ward's name and get the bishop's contact information. He can assist you further.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

country59 wrote:Looking for a 45 + Singles Ward near Spartanburg, South Carolina.
According to the General Handbook 37.5, they don't exist. There are Single Adult wards for the 31-45, but the Handbook has nothing for the 45+.

However, some wards tend to be lax on the requirements. For awhile I belonged to a YSA ward that allowed SA to attend.

But even Single Adult wards are rare. I see only 44 in the US. Mostly in church "hot spots". On the east coast, the only ones I see are Massachusetts, New York City, and two in Virginia.

All I can suggest is making connection with the local units and see if there's any gathering of your age group anywhere.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

All I can suggest is making connection with the local units and see if there's any gathering of your age group anywhere.
I agree with that, and would add that (unfortunately), you may need to be the one doing a lot of the "information gathering". I have found that sometimes local wards/stakes may not know much about, or share much about, awareness of YSA groups/activities. And even less good about sharing info about SA groups/activities. And I would expect even much less good about over-45+ groups activities. So if you ask and the answer is "nope, nothing to see here", you might want to ask around some more just to verify.

Living outside the "Out West" environment, my experience is that the Church has organized (to some degree or another) groups and activities throughout the entire States for singles of all ages. They might be locally organized, or might be multi-Stake or Area-wide. Obviously it's not comparable to having a full-blown branch or ward for singles where you are, but I guess I'm just suggesting that fellowship and (virtual) gathering opportunities should exist even if an actual organized unit does not.
enimacario

Post by enimacario »

My brother Eber, would like to go over 45 ward in Utah. Where we can find that? Where people that are 50, 60, or divorced, widow, and would lime to know people available with that age, where they must go? He is going in my ward, in Sandy, we don’t have sister for him… Please, help us. He’s tried single group, but he doesn’t like.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”