tech.lds.org -> tech.churchofjesuschrist.org

The latest forum news and information
russellhltn
Community Administrator

tech.lds.org -> tech.churchofjesuschrist.org

Post by russellhltn »

As you may have noticed, in accordance to the Prophet's directive to use the proper name of the church, LDSTech is changing to just "Tech".

Links are being set up so that tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/forum will point to the forum. Two URLs, same forum.

Undoubtedly there will be a few bumps in the transition as it's a work in progress. You may start out in one place and suddenly get thrown into the other (and having to log in again).

A big shout out to TimRiker for looking after us and doing this. Thanks Tim!
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Greatdane007

Re: tech.lds.org -> tech.churchofjesuschrist.org

Post by Greatdane007 »

Is anyone else having problems with Library on Samsung tablets? Both my wife & daughter are unable to use theirs. It won’t properly load.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Greatdane007 wrote:Is anyone else having problems with Library on Samsung tablets? Both my wife & daughter are unable to use theirs. It won’t properly load.
Are you talking about Gospel Library or something else?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ulmo

Post by ulmo »

I noticed that on the sign-in page it also no longer says "LDS Account", but instead has "Church Account". If we have code that interacts with church APIs that involve these accounts, should we refer to them as something like "church_account" rather than "lds_account" to be consistent, or do APIs still internally use LDS/lds?

Having to remembering that 2 different applications refer to the same thing by 2 different names has bit us in the past and I'd like to make sure we stick as close to how things are referenced as possible. I don't currently have access to such APIs (and am not even sure which one's we'll be dealing with), but our team will have need to interface with them in the near future and I'm stubbing in some code that provides a simulated response and would like the rest of the code I write to be consistent with naming conventions between whatever our service call will eventually be and the rest of our application's code.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ulmo wrote:I noticed that on the sign-in page it also no longer says "LDS Account", but instead has "Church Account". If we have code that interacts with church APIs that involve these accounts, should we refer to them as something like "church_account" rather than "lds_account" to be consistent, or do APIs still internally use LDS/lds?
Only church authorized apps are allowed to use church APIs. At this time, I don't think any third-party use is allowed except for developers who have signed up as a FamilySearch partner. In that case, it would probably be referred to as a "FamilySearch account" since it may involve non-members as well as members. However, you might want to confer with the contact spelled out in your agreement.

But I think it's safe to say that "lds" is being eliminated from everything the end user sees.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

ulmo wrote:I noticed that on the sign-in page it also no longer says "LDS Account", but instead has "Church Account". If we have code that interacts with church APIs that involve these accounts, should we refer to them as something like "church_account" rather than "lds_account" to be consistent, or do APIs still internally use LDS/lds?
As russellhltn pointed out, only authorization applications are allowed to interface with Church systems. If you are an employee of a Church-related entity (BYU, etc.), please coordinate with your software engineering management to get the answers to these questions and work with the appropriate teams in ICS.
eruemulorwilliamsnwudu

Post by eruemulorwilliamsnwudu »

NOTED
uwairo

Post by uwairo »

Thanks for the info

Return to “Announcements & Policies”