Ward Website Administrator Access Privledges

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
mosbruckerj

Ward Website Administrator Access Privledges

Post by mosbruckerj »

On the Access Table, I don't see what the Website Administrator has access to.
Next question, We called a Mid Week Announcement person to deliver announcements that we don't get out from the podium. It is a specialized calling so I can't giver her access to the things that help her to send out announcements.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Website Administrator Access Privledges

Post by russellhltn »

mosbruckerj wrote:On the Access Table, I don't see what the Website Administrator has access to.
The calling used to have more rights, but right now, I'm not sure as it has much outside of being a calendar administrator. There may be some rights such as uploading photos in the Directory, but not much more.
mosbruckerj wrote:We called a Mid Week Announcement person to deliver announcements that we don't get out from the podium. It is a specialized calling so I can't giver her access to the things that help her to send out announcements.
True. She'll have to format things and send them to someone who does have access, such as a clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kjens

Post by kjens »

Could you still go ahead and tell us WHAT rights the Ward Website Administrator has? In fact, it's a BIG issue for the Calendar in our Stake that the Leader & Clerk database, where the Clerks determine which Calling to list for the person called, does not have any kind of a list showing rights or responsibilities. WHERE might that be found?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Remember that we're all just users like yourself so our knowledge is just based on experience in using the tools.

As far as I know, russellhltn already listed all the rights of the ward website administrator: default administrator for Calendar and the ability to upload and edit photos in the Directory. The ward website administrator has no rights in LCR.

LCR has a table which lists all the rights in LCR based on calling. It can be found on the menu under Other > Access Table.

For other tools there isn't the same kind of handy tool. In most cases you have to read the help documentation. There is usually a Roles and Responsibilities page which describes which callings have rights and whether rights can be granted in some other way.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I did a quick search of other areas, but I didn't see where the Website Admin has any right beyond what I've described.

At one time there was a Lesson Schedule, and Ward Bulletins. The website admin had rights to them. But they were dropped for lack of use church-wide.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see the position disappear completely at some point as I don't think it's mentioned the in Handbook at all. Typically, only positions in (or at least hinted at in) the Handbook become a "standard position" that grants any rights. And the calendar system already allows adding any individual in the unit as an admin. The Directory is probably a bit over due for a refresh. Who knows what changes that might bring.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: The Directory is probably a bit over due for a refresh.
Ask and ye shall receive. The current Directory app has a link to a new beta Ward Directory and Map site.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:
russellhltn wrote: The Directory is probably a bit over due for a refresh.
Ask and ye shall receive. The current Directory app has a link to a new beta Ward Directory and Map site.
D'oh! I forgot about that. I guess I'm having a mental block because it seems more like "Maps with directory" rather than "Directory with Maps".

davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Keep in mind that the new directory still has some bugs that were fixed in the old one. For us, several members that are correctly located on the old directory are now not located. And the Beta directory will not keep manual moves to put their pin at their correct location. I did submit feedback on this problem.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

davesudweeks wrote:Keep in mind that the new directory still has some bugs that were fixed in the old one. For us, several members that are correctly located on the old directory are now not located. And the Beta directory will not keep manual moves to put their pin at their correct location. I did submit feedback on this problem.
These should have been fixed. Will you send me examples by PM so that I can look and see why they're still incorrect?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

scgallafent wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:Keep in mind that the new directory still has some bugs that were fixed in the old one. For us, several members that are correctly located on the old directory are now not located. And the Beta directory will not keep manual moves to put their pin at their correct location. I did submit feedback on this problem.
These should have been fixed. Will you send me examples by PM so that I can look and see why they're still incorrect?
The old ones are now fixed. There was a new one that appeared but the brother was recently re-baptized so that may have confused the system. I was successful in manually correcting their household pin and when I refreshed the page it appeared to stick (that never worked before). So It looks like this problem has been fixed. THANKS!

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”