Gospel Library Bug

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
tavishmacgregor

Gospel Library Bug

Post by tavishmacgregor »

Just sent this via Gospel Library feedback app:

When I went to read scripts this morning I noticed Library was black. I seem to remember it blue yesterday. When I clicked & started reading scripts I noticed immediately that when I finger scrolled it was frustratingly slow & choppy in moving the screen up & down. Made reading scripts an excruciatingly long & frustrating experience. This was NOT happening late last night while reading. What’s up?

tavishmacgregor@hotmail.com
drepouille

Re: Gospel Library Bug

Post by drepouille »

Was this on Windows, Android, or iOS?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What kind of device do you have, and what version of the operating system is it running?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hawglips

Post by hawglips »

I am experiencing the same slow, choppy scrolling since downloading the Apr Conference talks and updated the app (Iphone).

Makes it very difficult to use the app. I need some relief since I use the app hours a day usually.

Will I lose all my highlights, notes, bookmarks, etc if I delete the app and reinstall?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

hawglips wrote:Will I lose all my highlights, notes, bookmarks, etc if I delete the app and reinstall?
If you are signed into your LDS Account, your highlights, notes, bookmarks, etc. should be safely synced to the Church's servers, and will not be lost if you delete and reinstall the app. To be safe, make sure you don't have sync errors (if you do, they will show under your username in Settings), and it might also be a good idea to log into the Church website and verify that your recent annotations show up there.

The following items do not currently sync, and would be lost with a delete and reinstall: Study plans, screens, custom collections, settings, downloaded books, and downloaded media.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cteagle

Post by cteagle »

My Gospel Library app was experiencing similar problems - choppy, jerky movements, extremely slow response to annotations, so I mistakenly chose to delete and reinstall. Now it will not open at all. The app stays at the initial screen, then drops. SO very frustrating! I typically spend at least an hour a day in study and cannot access any of it now!
marzperry

Post by marzperry »

I am having the same problem. Help!
danielbaygibbons

Post by danielbaygibbons »

I'm experiencing huge problems with the Gospel Library update on the two devices I use constantly for study and callings--an iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini (which I actually got from the Church while serving as a mission president and purchased from the Church when we were released). Suddenly, neither device works with the new update.

The iPhone received the full update to 5.0, but it will not scroll, except in a very choppy, jerky motion--literally only a line at a time, and then with almost-comically-delayed reaction--it is literally unusable for anything. The Mini will not take the new update at all, and is still on version 4.4, and so I am missing the April General Conference and all other new updates. My notebooks seem to synch and scroll fine on both devices--I'm just missing all new content from the fast-moving-Church.

I suspect that the update is so robust that it literally will not work on anything but new devices--that in and of itself is troubling--"back in the day" members would buy a set of leather scriptures and literally use them for decades--has the Church now moved to the place where it will, by default, require members to buy the latest expensive iPhones and other devices every time it comes up with a new update? Very, very troubling. I hope there is some fix. For myself, I'll simply buy a new device (if I have to) so that I can continue with my study and Church service, but I really worry about the vast majority of Church members, especially those in other countries or those who have limited means, who will become instant second-class Church citizens in a technological sense.
ckjensenfamily

Post by ckjensenfamily »

I have visited with several others who are having the same problem including myself. Replicated on an iPad mini and an iPhone 6. Scrolling almost makes one dizzy. Hopefully The developers are seeing this post and will provide a fix quickly.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ckjensenfamily wrote:I have visited with several others who are having the same problem including myself. Replicated on an iPad mini and an iPhone 6. Scrolling almost makes one dizzy. Hopefully The developers are seeing this post and will provide a fix quickly.
The developers most likely will not see this post. If you want to make sure the developers receive your feedback, you need to use the feedback link from within the app itself. This forum is unofficial user-to-user help and not all developers visit here. Those who set their priorities certainly don't visit here.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”