Scanner Printer suggestion for new LCR

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
cahoca

Scanner Printer suggestion for new LCR

Post by cahoca »

I would like to use the online LCR for expenses, but it is necessary to upload a scan of the receipts etc. Right now we have a basic toner type printer non-wireless. I have the approval to get a new scanner. Has anyone found a printer/scanner/copier that interfaces with a PC and LCR easily?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Scanner Printer suggestion for new LCR

Post by russellhltn »

cahoca wrote:I have the approval to get a new scanner. Has anyone found a printer/scanner/copier that interfaces with a PC and LCR easily?
The question is if it's allowed?

From the Meetinghouse Technology Policy
Local unit budgets should not be used to purchase any printers, copiers, and multifunction devices. (5.1.3)

Computer equipment may include, but is not limited to, desktops, laptops, computer screens, keyboards, and mice. (4.1)

Local unit budgets cannot be used to purchase computers (4.2.3)
The question is how does 4.1 relate to 4.2.3.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I just donated my old Canon flatbed scanner to the clerk's office. It was heading to Goodwill, anyway.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Other options: Our YM president took a picture of his receipt with his cell phone and emailed it to the Bishop who forwarded it to me. I uploaded the .jpg file and the .pdf of the email. Both worked just great (though the .jpg file is sideways). Our library copier has the ability to scan to a thumb drive so we have that option if we want to sneaker-net it to the clerk computer.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”