Can't open Gospel Library app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
tbwallis
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#21

Post by tbwallis »

I just had the same problem. I went into settings then under the gospel library app I turned off the two Siri integration buttons and it opened up.
cade.jensen
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#22

Post by cade.jensen »

Same issue with a new XR. But my wife (who also has a new XR but was able to get it to work) sent me a link to a conference talk via text message. It took a couple of tries to open the link but the library app finally worked.
RussBarth
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#23

Post by RussBarth »

I'm having this problem with an android phone with NetNanny installed. When NetNanny is disabled, the LDS Gospel Library can download content. When it's enabled it gets the "you must have an internet connection to use this app" error message in the Gospel Library app. Unfortunately, NetNanny will not tell me what it's blocking in this instance so I really need help from the Gospel Library app side of things.

Can someone please post what domains to unblock on firewalls to make this work?

I've unblocked:
lds.org
ldscdn.org
churchofjesuschrist.org

But it still doesn't work.

Telling people to just disable their firewall or turn off ad block doesn't help. We need the LDS Gospel Library app to work on devices that have content filtering, for obvious reasons. The answer is not to tell people to disable their filtering or firewalls. The answer is to communicate what should be unblocked to let it work. So if someone could please post to this topic what domains to unblock it would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks!
davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 2324
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#24

Post by davesudweeks »

RussBarth wrote:So if someone could please post to this topic what domains to unblock it would be very helpful and much appreciated.
I'm not sure as anyone on this user-to-user mutual help forum really knows. Most of us are mere mortals like you are and have no special knowledge of the workings behind the apps. I recommend you post feedback from within the app itself which will get passed to the programmers and official support team. You may or may not get an individualized reply, but posts here may never be seen by anyone who can address this issue.
RussBarth
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#25

Post by RussBarth »

davesudweeks wrote: I'm not sure as anyone on this user-to-user mutual help forum really knows. Most of us are mere mortals like you are and have no special knowledge of the workings behind the apps. I recommend you post feedback from within the app itself which will get passed to the programmers and official support team. You may or may not get an individualized reply, but posts here may never be seen by anyone who can address this issue.
Thanks for the reply.

I've already been communicating with tech support on this issue and will post here if I make any headway there.
davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 2324
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#26

Post by davesudweeks »

RussBarth wrote:I've already been communicating with tech support on this issue and will post here if I make any headway there.
That will hopefully be very helpful to others.
User avatar
sbradshaw
Community Moderators
Posts: 5651
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#27

Post by sbradshaw »

RussBarth wrote:I'm having this problem with an android phone with NetNanny installed. When NetNanny is disabled, the LDS Gospel Library can download content. When it's enabled it gets the "you must have an internet connection to use this app" error message in the Gospel Library app.
Does NetNanny use a VPN or something similar? Gospel Library 5.3.0 for Android was just released this morning and includes a fix for an issue that blocked content updates while connected to a VPN.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RussBarth
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#28

Post by RussBarth »

sbradshaw wrote:Does NetNanny use a VPN or something similar? Gospel Library 5.3.0 for Android was just released this morning and includes a fix for an issue that blocked content updates while connected to a VPN.
It does use a VPN. I'll download the new version and see if that fixed it. Thanks for the tip.
rpapa
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:19 am

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#29

Post by rpapa »

I just received an update on the Gospel Library App. After updating, when I try to open it, I get a message that it must be connected to the internet, then try again. My ipad is connected to the internet but I still get that message. I have a lot of notes and comments written in the BOM and the New Testament, so I would hate to lose them by erasing and downloading again. Any one else have that problem or have any suggestions? Thanks for your input.
User avatar
sbradshaw
Community Moderators
Posts: 5651
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

#30

Post by sbradshaw »

rpapa wrote:I just received an update on the Gospel Library App. After updating, when I try to open it, I get a message that it must be connected to the internet, then try again. My ipad is connected to the internet but I still get that message. I have a lot of notes and comments written in the BOM and the New Testament, so I would hate to lose them by erasing and downloading again. Any one else have that problem or have any suggestions? Thanks for your input.
Are you signed in with your Church account? If so, all of your notes and annotations should be synced with Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org and will come down again when you sign in.

Have you tried connecting to the internet on a different network?

Another thing you could try is switching to another language in Gospel Library settings, then switching back to English.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Post Reply

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”