Privacy settings in Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Privacy settings in Tools

Post by rmrichesjr »

jdhsunset wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:18 pm I'M a fairly new ward clerk and was asked by a member to remove the phone, email, & address privacy setting on his tools directory. How do I do that with an i-phone app? I can't find a way using tools which gives me access to membership, finance, etc.
[The following is reportedly incorrect. Please see the next couple of posts.]

If I'm informed correctly, only the member himself/herself can remove the privacy settings.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

That is incorrect, the ward clerk can do it but only in the member app. Ask the former clerk or the stake clerk to show you how. It's fairly easy, but lengthy to explain in words, easier to show how.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Just as a note, any adult member of a household can change the contact information and privacy settings for any member of the household. Currently that can only be done in Member Tools. Sometime between now and 2026 the same capabilities will be available in the online Directory and Map.

How recent was your calling recorded in LCR? It may take 24 hours, but no more than 48 hours, for permissions to get through all systems. You may also need to do a data refresh in Member Tools to force the data to re-download with your calling permissions. Simply doing a sync may not get your new permissions updated.

If your permissions are available in Member Tools you can edit the visibility settings by going to the household and selecting the member's name from the household list or by going to the member directly by using the Name option next to your unit name and scrolling to the name or entering the name in the search text box. With the member selected, and at the Contact tab, scroll down to the contact information section and tap the Edit Information button for each item that needs to have the visibility setting changed. Tap the edit icon (pencil) to the right of the item to edit the item and the visibility setting.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”