Upload new signature cards?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lnewton64

Re: Upload new signature cards?

Post by lnewton64 »

Use Firefox until it gets fixed. It works in Firefox!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lnewton64 wrote:I would like to find out why it isn't working in Chrome as that is my preferred browser.
Anytime the church website doesn't behave, try incognito mode. The website has some real issue with stale cookies that can show up in odd ways. One of the ones that happened to me is the inability to download a certain PDF. I had a link and could click it, but nothing would happen. Clear cookies and all is well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lnewton64 wrote:Once you upload it, it takes a few days before it shows as the office signature card - I suspect that it goes through some sort of review process.
The bishop has to approve the card and then it shows up. He gets a notification and then goes to the signature page and can approve it.
eweb2

Post by eweb2 »

Uploading of signature card did work (in 2019). Cannot now drag the Pdf file over to the signature page and drop it, instead a new browser tab opens showing where on the computer the pdf file is located. Tried another browser and still no success in uploading.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Are you saying the select file option did not work in addition to the drag-and-drop option?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
patoazul4

Post by patoazul4 »

So I was stuck on this one for a few months - it turns out that the Bishop needs to approve removing an old card as well as approving a new card that is uploaded. If you're having trouble with either scenario, have your Bishop check the signature card section in his lcr account and approve any pending action.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

turns out that the Bishop needs to approve removing an old card
If you believe the Bishop never received an email alerting him to that, I'd suggest submitting that as Feedback. The Church has improved what a Bishop sees on the "Finance" Overview page (alerts if there's a Financial Statement to review, etc), but from what people are saying it seems like there's no visual alert that the Bishop has a required Pending Action (approval of removal of old card).

Although it might be tricky to catch all the different 'pending required actions', with everything on a Bishop's plate it's easy to miss an email, so LCR visibility is always a desirable thing. Submitting Feedback is the best (only?) way to try and get an enhancement like this in place.
smith.dave.eli

Post by smith.dave.eli »

lnewton64 wrote:
jdlessley wrote:
robertscottbush wrote:The program will not let me print a new Signature card to be filled out. It wants to print the old card.
I just checked and it worked just fine at LCR > Finance > Reports > Signature Card. At what point did you run into a problem?
The steps I took to print a blank card are:
  1. Click Update Card button.
    A new blank card showing all the signers without signatures is displayed.
  2. Click Print Card button
    The blank signature card printed just fine.
Note: It shouldn't matter whether there is a change in callings. The signature card will show those currently in the positions with finance permissions.
I'm guessing that you are using FireFox - It works in Firefox, but doesn't work in Chrome or Edge. I don't know if it works in Safari.

USE FIREFOX for printing a blank signature card. Hopefully, the developers will fix this problem soon as I do prefer Chrome and it my normal browser.
+1 For using Firefox. It didn't work for me in Chrome.
spens

Post by spens »

I ran into an issue where I accidently uploaded a document that is not the signature card. It now is displayed as a "pending signature card". When iIclick on the button to delete the pending signature card, I get redirected to a screen that says:

"Uh oh! We're Sorry ...
It looks like something went wrong which prevented the page you requested from displaying. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused!"

And then when I go back to the page, the wrong document is still in place of the pending signature card. Is this a bug, or does anyone know how to remove a pending document so I can reupload the actual signature card we need to use?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I'd have your bishop reject the current signature card and then try again.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”