Page 2 of 3

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:44 pm
by drepouille
Am I missing something? The old directory allowed me to see lists of all stake leaders and all ward leaders. I can't see that ability in the new directory. I can do it in LDS Tools and in CDOL, but not in the directory.

Edit: I can see all ward leaders at https://directory.lds.org/organizations, but not any stake leaders.

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:43 pm
by scgallafent
Click on the ward name at the top of the list and change it to Entire Stake.

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:21 pm
by jonesrk
drepouille wrote:Am I missing something? The old directory allowed me to see lists of all stake leaders and all ward leaders. I can't see that ability in the new directory. I can do it in LDS Tools and in CDOL, but not in the directory.

Edit: I can see all ward leaders at https://directory.lds.org/organizations, but not any stake leaders.
You can get there by clicking on the Oganizations tab at the bottom of the member list section. You can then switch back to the members list by clicking on Directory. It took me a while to find them when I was first playing with the new directory.

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 am
by drepouille
scgallafent wrote:Click on the ward name at the top of the list and change it to Entire Stake.
That works. However, I have to wait for every dot for every household in the stake to be placed on the map. I just wanted to know who all the assistant stake clerks were. I don't care where they live.

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:25 pm
by russellhltn
lajackson wrote:Is it hiding with the list of children that is also missing?
I see the directory no longer lists the members of organizations, only the leadership. Is that what you're referring to?

I'd imagine that all of the standard positions that need the member list should have access to LCR. That does create an issue for custom positions.

As for the pencil icon, when it appears, it appears just above the "Missionary" button at the bottom of the directory. The style is very much like what I see in Android apps.
lajackson wrote:So everything related to the directory is squished into a little 2-inch by 2-inch window while the map sits gloriously all over the rest of my screen and is of little use? Is there a way to change the proportions? Larger directory section and smaller map?
That appears to be the case. If you shrink the size of the browser window, it's the map that makes the sacrifice until all that's left is the directory.

While I understand the attraction of combining the two functions into one app, I'm wondering about combining them on a single screen by default. It seems like it would add quit a burden on the servers to draw a map every time a member just wanted to see the directory. But maybe there's a hidden agenda here. If my stake is any indication, and the leaders are following the Handbook, the First Presidency must be granting a lot of exceptions. :roll:

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:29 pm
by lajackson
russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:Is it hiding with the list of children that is also missing?
I see the directory no longer lists the members of organizations, only the leadership. Is that what you're referring to?
No. I am referring to the children in the member families that used to display for those leaders authorized to see them.

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:40 pm
by russellhltn
lajackson wrote:No. I am referring to the children in the member families that used to display for those leaders authorized to see them.
There are no lists of children, but when I pull up a family in my ward, I see children. I'm definitely seeing young children in my ward. But I don't seem to see children outside of my ward.

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:33 pm
by mevans
russellhltn wrote:There are no lists of children, but when I pull up a family in my ward, I see children. I'm definitely seeing young children in my ward. But I don't seem to see children outside of my ward.
I don't think the old directory ever showed children outside of the ward. Maybe callings like the stake presidency could see them. From my perspective as an assistant ward clerk, I still see the same information when looking at families in the directory; however, the lists like youth class membership are gone and now is limited to people with LCR permission.

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:57 am
by crisbay
how do i print each ward map

Re: ward directory and ward map

Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:25 pm
by Wattsuk
crisbay wrote:how do i print each ward map
You can download them from CDOL.