Gospel Library missing recent Gen Conf

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
MainTour

Gospel Library missing recent Gen Conf

Post by MainTour »

How come my Gospel Library App is missing the April 2019 General Conference and recent issues of church magazines? The App on both my Kindle and my iPhone are both missing these?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library missing recent Gen Conf

Post by russellhltn »

Please see Supported iOS versions for Gospel Library. You have to be on iOS 10 or higher to run a version of GL that continues to get updates.

The Kindle may be in a similar situation. It has to have an OS based on Android 4.4 or later.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scotthigginson

Post by scotthigginson »

I'm having the same issue. My iPad won't upload iOS 10 or higher. Does this mean I have to buy a new iPad to read the most recent General Conference addresses? That's seems incompatible with the larger interest to make Conference available to everyone....including those members with older iPads. Seems to me with the resources of the Church, Conference talks and other available resources could be made available to both old and new iPads. I'd like to discuss this issue with someone. higginson22@gmail.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scotthigginson wrote:Does this mean I have to buy a new iPad to read the most recent General Conference addresses?
You can still view it in the web browser.
scotthigginson wrote:That's seems incompatible with the larger interest to make Conference available to everyone....including those members with older iPads. Seems to me with the resources of the Church, Conference talks and other available resources could be made available to both old and new iPads.
The church is also about the "widow's mite" and wise spending. According to this site, iOS9 is down to 2.41% of the iOS market. It would take additional employee hours to work out something - if it can be worked out at all. The church is bound by Apple's policies for updating apps. iOS 9 is unsupported by Apple.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library”