Gospel library app crashes on loading

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
swimmerdude94

Re: Gospel library app crashes on loading

Post by swimmerdude94 »

The gospel library app crashes on my iPad 2. However, I've managed to install an earlier edition of the app (GL 2.5) and works fine. If you have an iOS device and owned previous Editions of the app, go to the "Purchased" tab of the App Store. You'll find all the app purchases made with Apple. Unfortunately, with the GL 2.5 app the data there is up to 2016. It doesn't contain the recent conference addresses or Come Follow Me. At least you'll have your digital scriptures and a retro GL app experience.
onireves

Post by onireves »

Same with my iPhone11 Pro max library app crashes it will display angel Moroni then after few seconds crashes.
kevinseely13

Post by kevinseely13 »

Same on my iPhone 11 pro. Crashes after angel Moroni landing screen. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled twice and continues to be an issue
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kevinseely13 wrote:Same on my iPhone 11 pro. Crashes after angel Moroni landing screen. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled twice and continues to be an issue
Something you might try is put your device into airplane mode. Open the app. Once the app is open, then disable airplane mode.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 5.5.0 was just released (last night). For those of you with the crash on launch, are you still seeing the issue after updating to 5.5.0?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
David_M_Johnson

Post by David_M_Johnson »

Gospel Library has been crashing for the last two days.
hcped

Post by hcped »

Yes both my husband and my phone is crashing after a few mins of seeing the app with angel Moroni. We both have iPhone 11 Pro Max’s. We’ve both deleted and reinstalled. Turned phone off then back on. I was able to open it off WiFi and just using my cellular data. The WiFi I was using us the one in my home.
ste01002

Post by ste01002 »

Yes! The airplane mode fixes the problem. Launching app under airplane mode and brings to a missing content screen. Then connect to WiFi and start downloading your content. This is after deleting and re-installing the app.
MarshallCL

Gospel library app 5.10.0 in iPad Pro crashes on loading

Post by MarshallCL »

iPad Pro 9.7 inch, running iPad OS 14.1. Since updating Gospel Library to version 5.10.0 three days ago, the app crashes on loading. The splash screen with the Christus icon appears for about 12 seconds, then vanishes. I cannot get it to open. I have been using the Gospel Library app since it was first available, without any problems until now. I am reluctant to delete and reinstall, in case I lose my extensive marking, annotations and data, which is a warning Apple gives when considering this option. Don't know what to do next. Library on my iPad was the centre of my daily gospel study. The app still works on my iPhone running iOS 14.1 (but screen too small for regular study.)
birdfeeder

Post by birdfeeder »

My gospel app won’t load as of today. The icon turns on for a few seconds, then turns off. I don’t want to reload the app as I have almost the whole Book of Mormon marked and don’t want to lose it. What can I do?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”