Gospel library app crashes on loading

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
tanisb

Re: Gospel library app crashes on loading

Post by tanisb »

Same problem as others have described. On ipad the gospel library app is crashing just after the screen showing the icons appears. As others have done, I tried turning iPad off and back on, deleting and reinstalling the app and connecting to a different WiFi. The only way it will work is to turn WiFi off but then I can’t get any content. Please help..
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tanisb wrote:The only way it will work is to turn WiFi off but then I can’t get any content.
What happens if you start it and then turn the WFi on? Does it start OK after that?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
joncyrilandersen

Post by joncyrilandersen »

My Gospel Library app on my iPad is crashing - will not open. How do I solve this?
Cleanwrench

Post by Cleanwrench »

I’m having same issue, iPhone 7,, GL app opens then closes, tried rebooting, re-installing, cleared history, different networks, without WiFi
NielsEskelsen

Post by NielsEskelsen »

I am using an IPAD Air with 12.4.5 OS. I have had the issue of the Gospel Library downloading, but not opening up. This happened with the update to 5.4.0. Before then is worked. I have removed the app, restarted the IPad and downloaded the app twice without success. I have removed the app and then reinstalled using a different internet connection and tried to open, but could not. I have run out of ideas. Any suggestions. Thanks you.
cconrad

Post by cconrad »

My wife is having the same issue on her iPhone X running iOS 13.3.1. Oddly I am not having the problem on my iPhone 11 Pro. Same version of iOS and the same version of the app (5.4.0).

I have tried everything I can think of including uninstalling and reinstalling the app and trying to open it with and without Wi-Fi or cellular data. At first it would display some content and then crash a second or two later, but after all of my missing around now it never gets past the splash screen.

I hope an emergency fix is forthcoming.
denisehunt

Post by denisehunt »

I updated to version 5.4.0 last night with my Apple iPad mini and now the app won’t open.
clstone

Post by clstone »

My husband is having the same problem and we have tried all of the suggestions on this thread multiple times. Both of us have the iPhone 8 and yet the app works just fine on my phone but won’t open on my husband’s. Very frustrating and at a loss of what to do next.
MarkBarton

Post by MarkBarton »

My iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 12.4.5 crashes while loading Gospel Library, after showing the Moroni screen for 4 seconds. It started crashing about Feb 17th, 2020, and has crashed consistently since then. I tried shutting off the phone, and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Gospel Library app. Also tried turning off wifi. None of those things helped. Suggestions?
davidsricks

Post by davidsricks »

Same for me. Any help?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”