Gospel library app crashes on loading

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
RodWhillans

Re: Gospel library app crashes on loading

Post by RodWhillans »

Me too iPad Air why so random?my wife can open on her iPad mini.

Completely uninstalled and reinstalled,, nothing but the white Moroni. Previously it was a golden coloured Moroni any connection?
Rod
abelagain

Post by abelagain »

I’ve done all the suggested actions. I can’t get it to work at church or on my home WiFi. I updated iOS recently and I’m pretty sure this opened fine for a few days. Then suddenly it’s useless. I’m so glad I have a hard copy of my scriptures or I’d be inactive! Lol. Just kidding. But it is incredibly inconvenient to resort to bulky scriptures and no access to all the tools for study online now. Praying for a fix to come soon...
jarilyn

Post by jarilyn »

I am following this - my Gospel Library app crashed a few days ago and I have not been able to get it to work, despite deleting and reinstalling the app multiple times, restarting my iphone, etc. Hope there is a fix soon!
cby016

Post by cby016 »

This is happening to my iPhone 11 also. I hope the church is working on a fix for this.
brendashulsen

Post by brendashulsen »

I am having the same problem and have tried all the same fixes. Just adding my voice to help the problem get more attention. I’m suffering without my Gospel Library!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

brendashulsen wrote:I am having the same problem and have tried all the same fixes. Just adding my voice to help the problem get more attention. I’m suffering without my Gospel Library!
Please keep in mind that most likely nobody responsible for development of the app reads this forum. This is a good place to share user-to-user hints/tips. In order to get attention from the development organization, you will need to use the Feedback button or link on the app or on the Church website.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

rmrichesjr wrote:
brendashulsen wrote:I am having the same problem and have tried all the same fixes. Just adding my voice to help the problem get more attention. I’m suffering without my Gospel Library!
Please keep in mind that most likely nobody responsible for development of the app reads this forum. This is a good place to share user-to-user hints/tips. In order to get attention from the development organization, you will need to use the Feedback button or link on the app or on the Church website.
If I was doing this on the church website because I couldn't keep the app open to use its feedback function, I would provide more details to help them:
What OS version is my device at?
What version of Gospel Library am I using?
What happens when I attempt to start the app?
When did the problem start?
What steps have I already tried (i.e. sign out/sign in, uninstall/reinstall, clear cache and data, tried it with device in airplane mode, etc.)?
Tophernad

Post by Tophernad »

Hello,

I’m working on getting the Gospel Library to open. It works great on any device that is running iOS 13 but doesn’t work on any device running iOS 12. Unfortunately, I’m unable to go to iOS 12 on my iPad mini.

I have tired to reinstall the app, restart the iPad, opened the app without wireless, and on a different wireless network.

When I look at the logs on my iPad mini it has crashed 8 times on the 19th of February. Here is a crash log from the first time it crashed. I haven’t seen any more logs since then but the app is still unable to open.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. As I’m trying to work on a talk that I have to give on Sunday.

Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 5.4.1 for iOS is in beta and should (hopefully) fix the crashing issue. To install the beta, join the Tech project Gospel Library for iOS – Public Beta, then you'll get an email from TestFlight with instructions for installing the app. If you install the beta, let us know if it works!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Tophernad

Post by Tophernad »

It’s working great. Thanks for your quick help with the issue!!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”