Canceling my donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
bwood614

Canceling my donations

Post by bwood614 »

When I went to pay my tithing, my donation went into the state of "pending". A couple days later I received an email that my donation had been canceled and that the bank account that I used had been removed from my LDS.org account. I logged in and sure enough it had been canceled. So I tried again and received the same message and result a couple days later. Anybody know why it's doing this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Canceling my donations

Post by russellhltn »

Since it removed the account, I have to think the transaction was refused for some reason. Either the banking information is incorrect, or the bank is refusing it for some reason. I'd start with talking to your bank.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Iafeta

Post by Iafeta »

I accidentally paid 2 donations when I only meant to pay once. If you can undo the extra donation I did that would be awesome
Last edited by Iafeta on Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Iafeta wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:56 pm I accidentally paid 2 donations when I only meant to pay once. If you can undo the extra donation I did that would be awesome
No one here as the ability to do that.

Please refer to this item from the Donation FAQs:
I just submitted my donation request and noticed I made a mistake. How can I cancel my donation request?

As long as the Church hasn’t already processed your donation, you may still be able to cancel the donation request. You can cancel the donation request a few different ways: Click the x icon next to the donation that is still in “Processing” status, or click the donation, go to the yellow slip, and click the Cancel Donation Request button at the bottom of the slip. The donation request will be canceled and deleted from the system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”