STAKE DIRECTORY/ Stake office phone numbers

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
shreevejanwickham

STAKE DIRECTORY/ Stake office phone numbers

Post by shreevejanwickham »

We are having a problem finding the stake directory so we can call the stake office for temple recommend appointments. The button said stake and ward, but only the wards were listed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: STAKE DIRECTORY/ Stake office phone numbers

Post by russellhltn »

I'd check with your ward leaders for that information - as well as to make sure that's the way to make the appointment.

Note that the church is canceling phone service at many units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

shreevejanwickham wrote:We are having a problem finding the stake directory so we can call the stake office for temple recommend appointments.
The stake directory is found in Member Tools or online at ChurchofJesusChrist.org when you sign in then go to Ward Directory and Maps.

The bishop or counselor who interviewed you should know who to contact. Some stakes ask members to contact the executive secretary to make an appointment. Others have you contact the counselors directly to renew recommends. Some stakes have set times during the week when they will interview without appointment.

If a member of the bishopric is not handy, the elders quorum president or Relief Society president should also know, or even your ministering brother or sister.

Our Sunday bulletin has the name and phone number of the counselor in the stake presidency who does interviews for our ward listed in the program each week. I have seen other programs that list regular interview times.

If you use Member Tools, you will also find the stake presidency listed there and might call one of the counselors for assistance. You will also find a stake directory online at ChurchofJesusChrist.org under Ward Directory and Maps, were you can select the Organizations Tab and find the information you are seeking.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The stake directory is found in Member Tools or online at ChurchofJesusChrist.org when you sign in then go to Ward Directory and Maps.
I can find directory of members, but not anything that lists the stake office phone number. I think that's what OP is asking for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I can find directory of members, but not anything that lists the stake office phone number. I think that's what OP is asking for.
Yes, that was the request. The office number, if the stake offices even have a phone, is not listed anywhere I know.

If the poster is not able to find the information simply by asking a ward member, the only other way I know of is to use Member Tools or ChurchofJesusChrist.org to find a member of the stake presidency or the executive secretary under Organizations.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Look at classic maps. I think they keep it around because it tells you much more than the current maps:
https://classic.churchofjesuschrist.org/maps

You can find out lots of useful information about wards, stakes, temples, family history centers, area offices, etc., including phone numbers. My guess is that it just pulls the information about of the CDOL system, but only certain callings have access to CDOL. All members have access to classic maps. I randomly clicked on stakes and found phone numbers. Look on the Assigned tab and you'll see all sorts of associated entities. Click on the stake and you may find a phone number.

In our stake, all the wards and the stake offices are set up on the same phone number. You get a voice attendant and a menu that lets you choose to leave a message for a specific unit. There's are a couple of VOIP phones in the stake offices. My understanding was that the church wanted to maintain some phone presence for stakes so that people could call the church. I've been there and received phone calls.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”