Is this just me? No "Members moved out" report

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Is this just me? No "Members moved out" report

Post by jdlessley »

The Members Moved Out report is also missing from Android systems.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I duplicated the problem on my device and have nudged the appropriate people.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I also sent feedback, via the app (iOS version), earlier today!
nwtaylor

Post by nwtaylor »

Any update or status re: solutions to this?

For me, this started with a Saturday night sync - v3.6.2, iOS12.4. I advised the other bishopric members to NOT sync at our 6:45am meeting Sunday morn. I have since sync'd 3 or 4 times with no difference.

Though the Apple App Store Version History states nothing specifically about "fixes" for "Members Moved Out" reports with the release of v3.6.2 1 week ago, something was certainly changed that caused this - and it is NOT Apple's iOS. I'm guessing its an issue with a 3rd party widget in their xplat mobile dev tools.

I've worked as a software engineer for nearly 40 years and do some mobile dev on the side. With all the resource available to the Church and with how much $$ goes to IT, it is surprising to me that we are still not there with something as common as automated regression testing/QA.

I know that the higher ups are off in July but was unaware that software Test/QA minions were also. :)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

nwtaylor wrote:For me, this started with a Saturday night sync - v3.6.2, iOS12.4.
Note this is an Android systems for Member Tools thread. Since the issue is also found in iOS Member Tools it is highly probable that the issue does not reside in the individual OS versions but rather in a common source for the data. The first report for the issue was only five days ago and two of those are weekend days. Let's give them some reasonable time to look into the issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

nwtaylor wrote:I know that the higher ups are off in July but was unaware that software Test/QA minions were also. :)
We left the minions home this week, but the engineers are aware of the issue and working on it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This is the response I got today after I submitted an Android in-app feedback for the issue:
There will be a patch release to restore the report later today. Please sync again tomorrow. If the report isn't there, please let me know. Thank you.
JD Lessley
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I sent a reply to support that the report has not returned after syncing today at 5:30 PM mountain time. I'll wait and see if anything happens on Thursday or Friday.
JD Lessley
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

When I talked with the developer yesterday, he told me that they were working on the change and they were hoping for Thursday, (And with that, I just violated my rule on not announcing a ship date.) I'm not sure why support thought it would be on the 30th.

If they aren't ready to roll it out today, it may end up being early next week. We try to avoid making too many changes on Friday afternoon since Sunday is kind of a thing around here.
danpass

Post by danpass »

I synced just now and the report is now present and appears to be working correctly for me, as an assistant stake clerk. Yesterday, the report was listed at the stake level, but was empty when I selected the report. When I chose a ward, the report would disappear from the list.

Update:
While the report is now available, regardless of which unit I select, the same members appear. Also, I now see that the list is not complete.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”