Where is the Youth Protection Training Report?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Where is the Youth Protection Training Report?

Post by russellhltn »

lmisner wrote:The report is now visible under Reports in Leader and Clerks Resources however it is not accurate. I had many members who completed the training when it was first announced by the church, but the report still shows some (including me) as past due.
Given the high number that are complaining they can't log into it, I wonder if they went unrecorded.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I recommend reporting the training not being recorded via feedback. It is possible they can see the completion and get it linked to your membership record (I have no understanding of the back-office database processes at the church). At best, it will be fixed. At worst, you will need to take the 15-minute training again when they get the login bugs worked out (I'm glad it is quick and relatively painless).
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

I submitted feedback. Thank you. We will retake the training if necessary.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

It's really aggravating to have taken the training, then be scolded by a leader for it not being taken and now overdue. Not cool guys, seriously not cool.

Unless it is found I now have a permanent record at the church saying I didn't complete this task and I'm overdue for taking it. Great, say goodbye to that apostleship I always dreamed of!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:and now overdue.
It is? Others are reporting a deadline of September 22.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

russellhltn wrote:
johnshaw wrote:and now overdue.
It is? Others are reporting a deadline of September 22.
Our report list any uncompleted ones as overdue today.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

It appears that everyone that was in a listed calling but has not completed the training shows a status of over due. Those that have been called to listed positions since the trading was introduced have a status of not completed.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Since the deadline is September 22, it appears that the report still has problems. And will we even be able to sign in to take the training by then? Inquiring minds.

Someone must be having a really bad week/month programming this one. They should have left it with Single Sign On.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

We have no issues with it. Individuals who have taken the training appear correctly. Our Bishop was one of the first to complete when the training first became available. He did not show up on the first report that was only available for a few hours but when the report came back online, he was there and his completion was correct.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

wrigjef wrote:We have no issues with it. Individuals who have taken the training appear correctly. Our Bishop was one of the first to complete when the training first became available. He did not show up on the first report that was only available for a few hours but when the report came back online, he was there and his completion was correct.
We have had mixed results. Some took the training the first day it was available and it still does not show as completed, even though they received an email stating it was completed. Others are still having difficulty starting the training (the membership number bug that has been reported previously).

It looks like the "Past Due" is a simple mathematical function based on the sustained date and they forgot to allow any grace period for those were in a calling before the training was issued. I have advised our ward council to ignore the "past due" and simply try to get it done before the end of September (though some still cannot get to the training due to the software bug).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”