Where is the Youth Protection Training Report?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Where is the Youth Protection Training Report?

Post by lajackson »

wrigjef wrote:I’m an Executive Secretary and don’t see it
So far, only stake presidents, stake clerks, bishops, and ward clerks have reported being able to see it, when it was available to be seen.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

That’s not good considering I’ve been assigned to coordinate and monitor completion in our ward. It’s not listed in the access tables. If the church is still fine tuning, hopefully Executive Secretary's will have access when it’s done.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wrigjef wrote:If the church is still fine tuning, hopefully Executive Secretary's will have access when it’s done.
They are still tuning. I do not think they are even at the fine turning stage yet.

I do not make the decisions, but I would think an executive secretary would have access. If not, your ward clerk will need to give you a list so that you can contact those who have not completed the training and encourage them to do so.

In the meantime, you may certainly send feedback explaining why you feel you should have access.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

I'm surprised a view-only report is taking so long to get out. I'm sitting in ward council and they have no way to see who has done training and the deadline is September 22(?). I guess they can just talk to everyone individually and see if they have done it or not.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

During the 24 hours or so when the report was available, I grabbed a snapshot of the list. I noticed while sitting in ward council this morning that the report does not include Seminary teachers. I assume that is because: (1) Seminary is a stake calling, and (2) Seminary teachers already receive Youth Protection training.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The report was only out for a few days a little over a week ago and then it was removed. It has not reappeared since. There may have been issues that needed to be addressed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I sent feedback through the website explaining that the Bishop had assigned me, as Executive Secretary, to track and follow-up on completions. That this assignment was made in large part to lessen the burden on the Bishop. The response I got back from the church said that they were still making adjustments to the report and that they would consider adjusting the access tables if they received enough feedback.

I know allowing the Bishop to delegate the tracking of training would be of great benefit to us and in line with stake and area direction. If this is the case in your unit please provide that feedback through the feedback link on any page of the website.
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

The report is now visible under Reports in Leader and Clerks Resources however it is not accurate. I had many members who completed the training when it was first announced by the church, but the report still shows some (including me) as past due. For my ward it seems that those who completed the training since August 26th are reflected accurately. I wonder if members that completed the training earlier will have to take the training again?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I was happy to see that the report is not only available to Bishops and Stake Presidents as previously reported. I can see it as Executive Secretary, which is what the Bishop was hoping for since he would like me to keep on top of it for him.

I completed the training a few weeks ago even though my calling is not listed. After reviewing the report and not seeing my name listed, I entered myself in as an unassigned primary teacher and my name appeared in the report as completed (I quickly released myself from the primary).
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

Thanks for the heads up that the report is live. I can see it now (ward clerk).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”