Where is the Youth Protection Training Report?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
davesudweeks

Re: Where is the Youth Protection Training Report?

Post by davesudweeks »

brucederrick wrote:At present the LCR privileges only allow Bishopric members access to the report.
When I served as ward clerk, I would print each organization's list from the report hand it to the organization president during ward council or in between the Sunday meetings. You can filter the list by organization so I would filter, print, filter, print, etc for the several organizations. That would give them access to the list without having access to the report. I didn't bother printing one for the bishopric members as they had access.

Agreed it is not an "online" solution that lets them get it at their convenience in digital format, but it is a workaround that works and is neither hard nor particularly time consuming.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

It is possible to view the training without being signed in. However a person has to be signed in before starting the training in order for the completion to be recorded.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I was one of the early students who do not show as having completed the training because of the Church rollout problems. I have the email and the completed screenshot. I have not pressed the issue because I am not currently in a calling that requires the training (although that is currently under review).

In any event, I seem to recall that if the clerk forwards the email to the GSD, they have said they will credit the training. I do not know what they would do with just a screenshot. And as has been mentioned, taking the training again is also a quick solution, and perhaps a good review of the topic anyway.
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

When I check our ward Children and Youth Protection Training Report Status today, it is completely blank with no members at all. Previously it had everyone in a youth calling with their status as trained or not.
Is this part of the Covid shutdown or is it something else?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

larry19810 wrote:Is this part of the Covid shutdown or is it something else?
It is more likely a service and/or server issue. When you see something like this submit feedback using the feedback link. In this case the link is titled Do You Have Feedback On This Page?.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

Thanks. I just did that. But the link at Have Feedback On This Page?. Seems like a very generic survey for the entire LCR website. I tried to add enough detail to explin the problem location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

larry19810 wrote:Seems like a very generic survey for the entire LCR website.
The link is generic but the feedback is sent back with the URL of the page on which it was clicked. The feedback will be sent to the responsible team. You may not get a response but the issue will be addressed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
RebeccaBunker

Post by RebeccaBunker »

Is there the possibility of allowing access to the youth protection report to primary presidents and Sunday school presidents? We are trying to make sure anyone who comes in contact with the children in our ward are certified but it is difficult not being able to see if a specific substitute has completed the training on the fly.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RebeccaBunker wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:53 am Is there the possibility of allowing access to the youth protection report to primary presidents and Sunday school presidents?
The forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. Those who can answer that question do not visit here. You can use the feedback link found at the bottom of most ChurchofJesusChrist.org pages in the footer to submit your concerns and suggestions. The feedback submitted there will be routed to the proper people, organization, office, council, or department. Sadly though, the answer to your question will most likely not result in a personal response. But rest assured your feedback will be considered.

Organizations needing the report will have to speak to the ward clerk to have him send a copy. I do this monthly for our organizations.
JD Lessley
alariss

Post by alariss »

Has everyone started letting their wards know that its time to recertify? We just started reminding our members, and next week at ward council I will, as Ward Clerk, provide this to the different presidencies. Talk to your ward clerks have them go to reports > Children and Youth Protection this will populate a list of prescribed from SL which of your members have completed, coming due or past due on this training. If your member is not required to complete this due to their calling, such as a Ward Clerk for example, they will not show up on this list. Good luck.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”