How does one link MRN with current calling in Church account?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
eafisher

How does one link MRN with current calling in Church account?

Post by eafisher »

My Tools app shows my current calling but when taking the new Children and Youth Abuse training and verifying personal information, my calling in unknown on the Church system. Does anyone have an idea on how to link those or do I need to speak with my ward clerk about it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How does one link MRN with current calling in Church account?

Post by russellhltn »

You need to talk to the ward clerk. It can take up to 24 hours before all the permissions kick in after a calling is recorded. But more importantly, it must be recorded as a "standard position" NOT a "custom position". You also need to verify that the Church Account you're using has the right MRN on it. Temple recommends have been known to have the spouse's MRN on them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you took the training, did your name show up correctly? It may be that the new training system is still being established. For example, I was originally denied access to the site when it first opened, but was able to take the training later that day.

Completion of the training is linked to you by way of your membership record number. It is not linked to your calling, other than that those with certain callings are expected to complete the training soon.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I am ward clerk and am not required to take the training. However I was able to take it this morning (I wanted to be able to assist ward members with questions regarding it). If I recall correctly from the information provided, anyone can take the training regardless of their calling. I think the most likely scenario for problems would be having an incorrect MRN recorded or server challenges that spike on the weekends with heavy loads.

Return to “Church Account”