New Children and Youth Training Feedback

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
eafisher

New Children and Youth Training Feedback

Post by eafisher »

The new training suggests calling the abuse hotline a few times yet it gives no number to call. Could that be added to the training to allow concerned peoples act on helping those with whom may be suffering from abuse?
wwoodford

Re: New Children and Youth Training Feedback

Post by wwoodford »

The training tells you to report the suspected abuse to your bishop and the bishop will contact the hotline.
t0008sa

Post by t0008sa »

Actually, the training says bishops and stake presidents should call the Help Line.

Others should immediately contact legal authorities.

I just called the Help Line to confirm the difference.

Bishops and stake presidents have to act according to responsibilities of "clergy privilege" (think client-attorney privilege) -- which can vary by state, etc. The lady I spoke with mentioned that "clergy" could actually be breaking the law by reporting abuse to legal authorities.

Those who aren't bishops and stake presidents have the responsibility to contact legal authorities immediately, and also then contact the bishop.
joshbwilliams

Post by joshbwilliams »

The website isn't working properly under the new Chrome Browser update. I took the training and had to install a different browser to get it to work. When you go to the training it takes you to the church login page, and just continues to return that page after you put in your credentials. By moving to the dolphin browser I was able to complete my training. The chrome version it doesn't work in is 76.0.3809.102.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

It worked just fine for me on Chrome for Windows version 76.0.3809.100 (64 bit). However, that was within the first few days of the notice of the training. Chrome states this is the current version (I don't know what version .102 is).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Others have reported the need to turn off ad-blockers before the training works.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”