Cannot access phone number to receive two factor code

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jrglasgow

Cannot access phone number to receive two factor code

Post by jrglasgow »

First, if you are having account issues... how are you supposed to be able to ask a question in this forum when you cannot login? That is THE STUPIDEST this in the world, or at least it is in competition for the title.

I am trying to help my niece who cannot remember her password. We have tried to recover it but it requires a texted recovery code to the mobile number on the account. She no longer has access to that phone number. How is she supposed to recover her password?

We have already had the ward clerk change the phone number associated with her membership record, that hasn't changed anything. Any suggestions. Any phone number we can call for help. I tried sending a message through the "Contact Support" form on the account recovery page, but I have no indication that the form is successfully submitted. On the contrary I checked the AJAX response to the submission (I am a web developer so I know how these things should work) and the response is {success: false} which is a big glaring suggestion that the form doesn't work.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot access phone number to receive two factor code

Post by jdlessley »

jrglasgow wrote:How is she supposed to recover her password?
She should talk to her ward clerk to have him contact the Global Service Center (GSC) on her behalf. He will be given instructions to pass to her on how to speak with support.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot access phone number to receive two factor code

Post by russellhltn »

jrglasgow wrote:First, if you are having account issues... how are you supposed to be able to ask a question in this forum when you cannot login? That is THE STUPIDEST this in the world, or at least it is in competition for the title.
Considering that no one here can make any changes to an account, we share your frustration that the web pages refer everyone to the forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”