Unable to Change Profile Photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mckinleymolina

Unable to Change Profile Photos

Post by mckinleymolina »

I am trying to remove older photos on my profile through the app and it will not let me delete the current photo or upload a new one. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it. All the software is up to date. Has anyone else had this experience? What have you done to fix it?
mevans

Re: Unable to Change Profile Photos

Post by mevans »

By "app" I believe you are referring to the Member Tools app on mobile devices, right? Try using the Ward Directory and Map app on the church website (accessed through a web browser). Sometimes one tool is more successful than another.

Other thoughts:
- If you are under 18, you may need to have a parent do it.
- Try a different web browser

If that doesn't work, talk to your ward clerk or assistant clerk to see if he can help. They have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, which is yet another way to get your photo changed.

If all else fails, come back here and tell us what you've done and we will try to help. The whole photo mechanism periodically has problems.
pelthail

Post by pelthail »

I also have had this issue. I haven’t been able to update photos on the LDS Tools app for the past few years. I have only been successful doing it from the church’s website.
lclairebella

Post by lclairebella »

I am also unable to change my profile, I have clicked on edit many times and tried and it continues to not work and just zoom in on my current photo. Any advice?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lclairebella wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:30 am I am also unable to change my profile, I have clicked on edit many times and tried and it continues to not work and just zoom in on my current photo. Any advice?
I suggest you first have your ward/branch clerk try to assist - they are front-line support for members in your unit. If they are unable to help, they can provide the number to the Global Service Department who should be able to help you resolve your issue. Please be aware that there are very few things a member can change on their profile and you did not indicate what you are trying to edit. I think the only things you can change are your phone number, email address, and profile picture. Profile pictures must be reviewed by the clerk before they are "published" so those changes are not available to other members of your unit until your clerk approves the photo.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I know there was a bug that affects adult "children" in a family. I don't remember if it was ever fixed. If you're not an adult, that could be a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”