Posting "Privacy Notice" in all Church meetinghouses?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
BrianEdwards

Posting "Privacy Notice" in all Church meetinghouses?

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'm familiar with the "Privacy Notice", but recently discovered the following link
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... acy-notice
where it states the following:
This privacy notice is to be posted in all Church meetinghouses.
I have not seen this posting request elsewhere, the Privacy Notice itself doesn't state it should be posted, and searched the Forums but couldn't find any discussion.

Q1) Is this still a requirement, or now that members all have access online to churchofjesuschrist.org and can access the Privacy Notice there, is public posting not required?

Q2) If it is required, where should this be posted? Hidden in the Clerk's office, on a hallway bulletin board, etc? Anyone currently have it posted in their church building?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Posting "Privacy Notice" in all Church meetinghouses?

Post by sbradshaw »

Interesting, it does say that it was last updated seven days ago. I could see how it could legally protect the Church in some ways from people who don't understand the purpose of membership records.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I saw that too. I don't see anything in the Official Communication Library. As best as we (admin and moderators) can figure out, it's a requirement for other countries, but not (yet) in the U.S.

I would suggest sending feedback asking questions - specifically how this requirement has been (or in the process of being) communicated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

As I've stated elsewhere, I never know if something I find is "new", or just "me not having paid close enough attention before" :D

So this sounds like possibly something new, and I'll do as you suggest and send feedback. If I get any helpful response, I'll update this thread as well. Much thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Something that I have seen change: It used to be there was a privacy policy for several countries in the Help Center. But none for the US. But now I only see one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Well, I asked the Global Service Center about where we should post the Privacy Notice, and if this was communicated. I did get a reply from them. The reply essentially contained a screenshot of the exact same "Global Privacy Policy" main page I referenced in my email, with info on how to access the policy. So basically they just showed me the policy which I said in my email that I knew about, but didn't answer where it should be posted or whether this had been communicated.

It's not that important to me, so I'm not going to follow-up with GSC and explain that their answer completely missed the entire point of my request. :roll: But I did want to update this thread at least.

Return to “Church Account”