Children and Youth Protection Training Errors

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
pcdefranco

Children and Youth Protection Training Errors

Post by pcdefranco »

Members in our ward have been encountering a series of errors while trying to take the Children and Youth Protection Training course. While some members have been successful (even as late as the evening of Sep. 21) others are having issues, despite trying to use multiple web browsers on different computers. The due date is today, and most members have completed the training, but some will simply not be able to.

Some of the browsers used:
Firefox on PC (first use in new user account)
Safari on iPad (even after clearing all browsing history)
Chrome (cache cleaned, multiple computers, "incognito" mode on and off)

Here are the three errors I have seen:
- One member, immediately after logging in, sees errors about their MRN being unlinked (which seems similar to this post: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=35079&p=200759)
- Other members are able to log in and start the training, but partway through they receive an error message "We are not able to report on your course progress, please try again later. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
- Another member reported that he completed the training, logged off, then his wife logged on and took the training, and it reported completion with his name.

These types errors seem to be widespread, scattered across various posts on this forum, but they seem they could be related. Is there any information on if this is something we are missing on our side, or is it that there are some bugs or overloading in this new system?
coyrl

Re: Children and Youth Protection Training Errors

Post by coyrl »

I've taken the course several times and the completion is not being recorded. Please correct the web code.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

coyrl wrote:I've taken the course several times and the completion is not being recorded. Please correct the web code.
This is a user-to-user forum. The folks who actually develop the code rarely frequent this site. The will see all feedback you send through the web feedback pages, and your ward clerk also will be able go help you get your training recorded.
pcdefranco

Post by pcdefranco »

It seems that many of the problems listed above have been addressed. I reached out to the web developers by submitting feedback on the web page and received instructions on how to manually report course completion. However, this ended up not being necessary as the issues were resolved after a couple of weeks.
kkarlins

Post by kkarlins »

lajackson wrote:This is a user-to-user forum. The folks who actually develop the code rarely frequent this site. The will see all feedback you send through the web feedback pages, and your ward clerk also will be able go help you get your training recorded.
I am the clerk for my ward. As of yet I have been unable to find any way of helping people get their training recorded. Could you tell me how I can do that?

Thanks!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

keatonator wrote:I am the clerk for my ward. As of yet I have been unable to find any way of helping people get their training recorded. Could you tell me how I can do that?
I am the ward clerk for my ward - I believe if the member was successful at completing the training AND received an email stating it was complete, the clerk can send the email to the Global Service Center and they can manually record the training on the member's record. Other than assisting members with ensuring their membership number is correct on their login, there is not much more I know how to help with other than this.
mpowell@mdsiphysicians.com

Post by mpowell@mdsiphysicians.com »

My MRN is [apparent MRN removed]. I am unable to access the training using my name and password.

[Moderator Edit: apparent Membership Record Number removed.]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please keep in mind that this forum is visible to anyone on the Internet, including those who are not Church members, search engines, and potentially identity thieves. Posting MRNs is not advisable.
mpowell@mdsiphysicians.com wrote:My MRN is [apparent MRN removed]. I am unable to access the training using my name and password.
If you are not able to log in to your Church Account, please see the announcement topic at the top of the Church Account forum: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383

Your ward clerk should be able to help with either getting signed in to your Church Account or with accessing the training. If necessary, your ward clerk can arrange for the Global Service Center to fix things.
kimer06

Post by kimer06 »

When do I know when I’ve completed the training? I’m stuck after reading the different types of abuse. Is there more? Thank you. Kim Lesher
dadad60@

Re: Children and Youth Protection Training

Post by dadad60@ »

I completed the children and youth training program over at the Seattle temple wasn’t able to connect with it because I work in the baptistery so if you could tell me what I need to do to take care of that problem, I would like to know thank you

Return to “Main Church Website”