Church and CES Systems not In-Sync

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ken_collins

Church and CES Systems not In-Sync

Post by ken_collins »

I changed my personal email address about 3 years ago when we moved to a new house. My email address was updated on my Church account immediately after the change. However, I am now an early morning seminary teacher and it seems that updating my Church account info does seem to get passed on to CES. I first noticed this when I wasn't getting emails from the local institute. When I contacted the secretary there I found that the email address that showed up in the CES system was my old address. Now a new problem is presenting itself. I teach the senior class and several of them are applying to BYU. However, their applications show my old email address and there is no option for them to change it to my new address. I worry that I won't receive emails regarding letters of recommendation I need to write for them. How do I get my new address into the CES system?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church and CES Systems not In-Sync

Post by russellhltn »

The first thing is to look in the directory and make sure your personal email address is correct. There's also a "household" email address, so there's a possibility for things to get confused.

Yous might also go to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/email and verify that's correct. I think it's syncs with your personal address.

Failing that, bug CES.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RobertButler

Post by RobertButler »

Has anyone found an answer to this. I have the exact same problem. I have double checked and all information on my account is my current email, but seminary recommendations keep going to my old email. I have talked with my ward clerk, global support, and the admissions offices at BYU-I and BYU. Nobody has been able to help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RobertButler wrote:but seminary recommendations keep going to my old email.
You might check your contact information in CDOL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Knite20

Post by Knite20 »

I'm having the same problem as above.
Old email is being used in the CES system. I am missing requests for applications for seniors applying to college.
No one can seem to find a way to update it.
it is correct in Tools, my Account, and LCR, and CDOL.
anyone solve this?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

As russellhtn pointed out you most likely will have to bug CES. If you do figure it out, please report back here so others know what a working process is to fix it.

Return to “Church Account”