Transfer funds from Budget:Activities to Ward Missionary Fund

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jasonlesser

Transfer funds from Budget:Activities to Ward Missionary Fund

Post by jasonlesser »

I've been the assistant to the Financial Clerk for about 3 months and am learning about mistakes I made about a month ago.

I reimbursed 2 ward members 1 month ago and selected the wrong account. I mistakenly selected "Ward Missionary Fund" when I should have selected "Budget:Activities" for authorized member-financed activities that were ward missionary activities.

How do I transfer money from the "Budget:Activities" to the "Ward Missionary Fund" to correct the error?

I have tried on the MLS and church website and it will not let me perform that transaction.

Thank you,
Jason
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Transfer funds from Budget:Activities to Ward Missionary Fund

Post by russellhltn »

jasonlesser wrote:How do I transfer money from the "Budget:Activities" to the "Ward Missionary Fund" to correct the error?
You edit the original transaction to change where the funds come from. Transferring funds like you propose would most certainly set off an audit exception.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonlesser

Post by jasonlesser »

Thank you for such a quick response. I'm sorry to bother you more, but how do I edit the original transaction?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Someone else will have to give the details. I know it can be done (or at least could be in the past), but I don't have access to any system to walk though the steps. I'd imagine it's some variation of pulling up that expense and looking for an edit icon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonlesser

Post by jasonlesser »

Never mind. I think I found out in the MLS. I went into the individual expense transaction and changed it from ward missionary to activities. Thank you again so much for you help.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

In LCR Finance, go to expenses:
https://lcrf.churchofjesuschrist.org/finance/#/expenses

Click on the Expenses Summary tab.
Click on the desired expense (probably a check).
Click on Adjust Expense.
Change the category of the expense.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”